My mom had a cuisine magazine that I believe had all italian recipes and she can't find it. There was a recipe for a tomato cause that she roasted all the ingredients and then mashed them into a sauce that she loved as well as a meatball recipe. Does anyone know what issue this was or do you have this sauce recipe? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

Roasted Tomato sauce and meatballs? Kllys149 My mom had a cuisine...
Welcome to the forum, Kllys - will have to think on your request for a little. But, maybe someone else will come to the rescue.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Roasted Tomato sauce and meatballs? cjs Welcome to the forum...
The only meatball recipe I see that may match your meatballs is one we all like and use often:

Making Great Meatballs

Cuisine at home No. 35 (October 2002), pages 22-23

Everybody has a recipe, but this one is juicy and loaded with spicy flavor.

If this is it, here is the recipe for the meatballs, but the tomato sauce posted with this is not what you are looking for. I'll keep checking.

Basic Meatballs
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Roasted Tomato sauce and meatballs? Gourmet_Mom The only meatball re...
I just looked in my latest recipe index and the one Daphne referenced is the earliest one mentioned.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Roasted Tomato sauce and meatballs? Kllys149 My mom had a cuisine...
Was it Cuisine at Home or La Cuccina Italiana???
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Roasted Tomato sauce and meatballs? Harborwitch Was it Cuisine at Ho...
That's what I was wondering, Sharon - I have (or had) some old ones around somewhere.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Roasted Tomato sauce and meatballs? cjs That's what I was wo...
Funny, I thought the same thing, but was afraid to mention it on here.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Roasted Tomato sauce and meatballs? cjs That's what I was wo...
I didn't bring any of mine with me. There was another one that I used to subscribe to -didn't bring any of those either. Shoot.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Roasted Tomato sauce and meatballs?