You're not going to believe this, but I called William about his lunch out at the farm. While on the phone, he told me they were mystified by the number of highway patrol cars out near the farm. After investigation, they discovered that Oprah is out that way visiting. Her "partner", Stedman Graham, has family nearby. I sure would love to see her, but chances are slim. But still cool!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

VOT-Oprah Gourmet_Mom You're not going to ...
So, are you going to go hang out at the farm just in case?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: VOT-Oprah Mare749 So, are you going to...
Cool - I sure haven't watched her much the last few years (maybe 10?) but I'm trying to tape some of them and watch her last year. Loved one she did last week with the 'old' hosts - Phil Donahue, Montel Williams, Ricki Lake, etc. good show.

Did also tape her interview with Bush (sigh, I'm such a good wife...), but we haven't watched it yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: VOT-Oprah cjs Cool - I sure haven'...
Daphne I think I'd be heading for the farm! Just a chance, but hey!

Loved the one with the old hosts! Didn't record the Bush episode.

Bob and I cracked up at Oprah and Gail in Yosemite. Oprah grilled sea bass!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: VOT-Oprah Harborwitch Daphne I think I'd b...
OMG, needless to say, Chels and I were glued to the set that afternoon watching her "camping" in Yosemite. I should know better - things never go as I plan. We had a bunch of people in the banquet hall decorating for a wedding reception the following day. Reception was Oct. 30, the were decorating with Halloween theme. Really cute.

So we are sitting there watching Gail and Oprah and all of a sudden the fire alarm goes off - what the heck! Now I am scrambling, I have to pull a storage rack away from the wall, retrieve a key, open a keyed panel to try to silence the alarm and call the alarm company to inform them that we do not really have a fire. Except that a.) they have already dispatched the fire company, b.) the alarm will not shut up and c.) the phone is now ringing with somebody who is demanding to know exactly what dishes are on the Friday night buffet. Nothing I could say could get this person off the phone - do you not hear this shrieking in the background?!!

We finally get it silenced at another alarm panel, but by that time the fire trucks are rolling into the parking lot. Turns out the wedding people fired up a smoke machine to test it for the reception. Needless to say we nixed that idea. I am still waiting to see if I am going to be billed for a false alarm - they tend to frown on those things down here.

So I didn't get to see as much of Oprah in Yosemite as I had planned!! Bummer!

Re: VOT-Oprah iBcookin OMG, needless to say...
Oh Linda, how sadly funny!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: VOT-Oprah cjs Oh Linda, how sadly ...
Linda, that is so funny! I can't believe the wedding planners didn't think that through!
Daphne

Re: VOT-Oprah Gourmet_Mom Linda, that is so fu...
No wedding planner, this girl did everything herself and it was beautiful, not at all tacky like it could have been. This was kind of an impromtu wedding, they were getting married between his deployments. Sadly, he got off the plane and was not feeling well. They made it through the wedding, and got here, the food was served, and they started with the dances, then moved to cutting the cake. She had a friend cater the event (okay with me since the friend was licensed and I really didn't want to deal with leftover food the last day I was open), but she hadn't made arrangements for anyone to do the cake.

I asked who she wanted to cut and distribute so I could tell them where I had tucked the plastic gloves, and she was just frantic. The poor husband was so sick, he could barely stand, so they were just trying to get out of there and get home. Ended up taking him to the hospital the next day and he had a severe intestinal flu.

I felt really bad, she had put so much work into the decorating - everything was just so, and she wasn't there 2 hours! They came by the next day and she was laughing, they got home from the wedding and he went right to bed and immediately fell asleep when she realized she couldn't get out of her dress by herself! So she is up there trying to wake him up enough to unzip the dress. So much for the wedding night!!

Re: VOT-Oprah iBcookin No wedding planner, ...
Poor thing! That is so sad! I hope he was home long enough for them to enjoy SOME special time together.
Daphne
  Re: VOT-Oprah iBcookin No wedding planner, ...
That is so sad. Hopefully the rest of his time at home went better.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
VOT-Oprah