[Image: zutom.jpg]

Tomato slice; ricotta with basil, oregano salt and pepper; spaghetti sauce; another tomato slice and mozzarella all wrapped in zucchini.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Yummy, but don't have a name for it yet. labradors [img]http://img42.im...
That looks and sounds yummy, Labs! What was it Denise, or somebody, had a while back that was wrapped with a cucumber or zucchini? Maybe the name of that dish would give you some ideas. You could also play with the word ravioli, since the "stuffing" is what you find in a ravioli. A naked ravioli...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Yummy, but don't have a name for it yet. Gourmet_Mom That looks and sound...
LOL!

Well, I had started with the idea of making a zucchini lasagne, layering zucchini, ricotta and tomatoes but decided upon this presentation. It's not really a lasagne, but it's not really the multi-layer towers of the "vegetable Napoleons," either. I guess it's a "Deconstructed-Zucchini-Lasagne Napoleon." LOL!

Re: Yummy, but don't have a name for it yet. labradors LOL![br][br]Well, I ...
YUM, looks wonderful
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Yummy, but don't have a name for it yet. farnfam YUM, looks wonderful...
*whimper* Do you have real tomatoes down there? And zucchini?? I am so tired of "winter produce" (already!

It looks delicious.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Yummy, but don't have a name for it yet. labradors LOL![br][br]Well, I ...
Zucchini wrapped caprese tomato pizza?? (vegiterian)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Yummy, but don't have a name for it yet. Old Bay Zucchini wrapped cap...
Vicci,

Since I got the tomatoes from the supermarket, they weren't the greatest (the ones at the farmers' market are a lot better), but the zucchini were perfect. Still had a fair amount of filling left, so I'll have to make more of these. Tomorrow is Friday, so I'll be able to get the tomatoes from the farmers' market.

Bill,

The ricotta probably take it away from what people usually think of as "Caprese." I've been tossing around words like "pizza" or even "sandwich," but those have some many other, strong connotations. So far, "Deconstructed-Zucchini-Lasagne Napoleon" is the best fit, but it still needs work. Thanks!

Re: Yummy, but don't have a name for it yet. labradors Vicci,[br][br]Since ...
Vegetarian Lasagna Napoleon Deconstructed?
Daphne
  Re: Yummy, but don't have a name for it yet. labradors Vicci,[br][br]Since ...
How about incorporating "tower" or "plateu" (sp?).
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Yummy, but don't have a name for it yet. Old Bay How about incorporat...
I thought about that too, Bill. How about Vegetarian Lasagna Tower or Zucchini Lasagna Tower? Or how about stacked? Stacked Zucchini Lasagna? Stacked Veggie Lasagna? Veggie Lasagna Stack? Italian Veggie Stack? Italian Tower? Italian Veggie Tower?
Daphne
Yummy, but don't have a name for it yet.