Wow, just looked at the February birthdays coming up. I sure hope you all are checking out what you want for the next dinner after Labs.......

esgunn/erin - Feb. 1st
Roxanne - Feb. 5th
Cubangirl- Feb. 10
Chef_Tab/Theresa/Valentines Day..Feb.14
gourmet mom/Daphne - Feb. 23rd
Becky13 - February 23rd
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Next C@H B'day Review Dinner???? cjs Wow, just looked at ...
I had thought about the Wellington. I'll look some moe. I think there were a couple more of interest. But for now, I'll bow to the choices of the others.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Next C@H B'day Review Dinner???? Gourmet_Mom I had thought about ...
Not the mushroom . . . ???? I'm sorry.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Next C@H B'day Review Dinner???? cjs Wow, just looked at ...
Someone feel free to step in before me. We have gymnastics meets almost every weekend until the end of March. And Steve has been wanting to smoke meat one day on the weekend. Makes it hard to have any time to get creative. I might look through the weeknight books and see if there is anything I have not made but would like to. I'll let you know.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Next C@H B'day Review Dinner???? esgunn Someone feel free to...
No worries, Sharon. I would have stopped you, but I didn't mention it in time. My fault entirely. I knew you were making it...just forgot. There's plenty more in that issue. It's a good one. That's for sure. Now to go back and find the thread where I mentioned the ones I liked.
Daphne

Re: Next C@H B'day Review Dinner???? Gourmet_Mom No worries, Sharon. ...
*cough* Wellington *cough*

It could be pork, salmon or beef! MMmMmmMM

Sorry I know it's not my month...but it's Daphne's fault!

Re: Next C@H B'day Review Dinner???? DFen911 *cough* Wellington *...
I have some mushroom filling left, some wonderful bread, and cheese left.

I'm thinking - just my crazed mind but I'm thinking Cambazola would be really good in this too.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Next C@H B'day Review Dinner???? Harborwitch I have some mushroom...
You're killing me here, Sharon!

Ummm, Denise, are you suggesting that I stray from the mag for a dinner and fill something ELSE with this mushroom bliss? I WILL be making it, but I'm not averse to "playing" with the recipe for a review. Not to overkill an idea, but pizza pops to mind as well.

Uh Jean? You wanna weigh in here? I like the idea of adding the filling into ravioli, a spread for crostini, puff pastry cups as an appy *but with pine nuts*

I found my thread...here's what's left to review from my wish list:
Jamaican Jerk Pork with mashed sweet potatoes
Indian Chicken Curry with Roasted Cauliflower
Brazillian Beef Stew Side: Rice and Greens
Pizza Nachos with Pesto & Peppercorns (definite interest here)
Side: Spinach Salad with Champagne-Honey Vinaigrette (strongly favoring)
Tea smoked Baby Back Ribs with Chinese BBQ Sauce (Hmmmm?)
Green Gumbo
Oysters Rockefeller with Tabasco Beurre Blanc (This one I will do soon regardless)
Toasted Oat Granola
Mini Grasshopper Pies
Tiramisu Triffles (definitely...probably ON my birthday)

All that said, I'm thinking an appy dinner...MY FAVORITE KIND!...may be in order. I'll wait for others to weigh in...especially Jean. Then I'll choose my menu. I'm seriously leaning toward an old fashioned "Clam Bake" with some SERIOUS appys to accompany.

Hopefully, my choices will not discourage other February "Babies" from choosing a menu to join in.

BTW, I'd be tempted to try the Indian Chicken Curry with Roasted Cauliflower, but I'm already going to try Jean's curry dish, and I don't want to scare William off. If he doesn't like Jean's dish, I don't want to push another curry dish on him for my Birthday Review.
Daphne

Re: Next C@H B'day Review Dinner???? Gourmet_Mom You're killing me he...
Tea smoked Baby Back Ribs with Chinese BBQ Sauce how did I miss this?

Where is this recipe? I must procure it immediately.

Re: Next C@H B'day Review Dinner???? DFen911 Tea smoked Baby Back...
Denise, the Tea smoked ribs are in the latest issue, page 27.

I am choosing the Jamaican Jerk Pork with mashed sweet potatoes and Mango and Bell Pepper Salad. (Also from the latest issue, page 13) I will post the recipe later. Just having my coffee and waking up.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
Next C@H B'day Review Dinner????