I am looking for a recipe for a flan ? do you have a tried and true one.

Thanks for any help.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.

a recipe for a flan? mjkcooking I am looking for a r...
Marye, I've been making this one for years - we just love it.

I've always made it in a shallow baking dish instead of individual portions.

* Exported from MasterCook *

CREAM CHEESE FLAN (FLAN DE QUESO)

3/4 cup granulated sugar
12 oz. can Carnation Evaporated Milk
14 oz. can Carnation Sweetened Condensed Milk
8 ounces cream cheese -- softened, cut into chunks
5 eggs

Place sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over med-high heat, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 min. or till sugar is dissolved & golden. Quickly pour into eight 10-oz. custard cups,* tip cups to coat bottoms with sugar syrup.

Place evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk & cream cheese in food processor or blender container; cover. Process until smooth. Add eggs; process till well mixed. Pour mixture into prepared cups. Place cups in two large baking pans; fill pans with hot water to 1" depth.

Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30-40 min. or till knife inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove to wire racks to cool for 30 min.; chill for several hours or overnight. To serve, run small spatula around edges of cups; gently shake flans to loosen. Invert onto serving dishes to serve.

Description:
"You can make it up to two days ahead."
Source:
"A Century of Ortega Classics"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES :
*To make one large flan, use one 2-qt. casserole dish instead of custard cups. Coat with melted sugar syrup & pour milk mixture into dish as above.

Place dish in large baking pan; fill pan halfway with hjot water. Bake in preheated 350 oven for 60-70 min. or til knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool, Chill; invert as above onto a platter. Slice into wedges.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: a recipe for a flan? cjs Marye, I've been mak...
Hi Jean

Thanks for recipe and I like the idea of one big flan also. -

Taking to superbowl game party sunday.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.

Re: a recipe for a flan? mjkcooking Hi Jean[br][br]Thank...
Have fun and let me know how you like this one = we love it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: a recipe for a flan? cjs Have fun and let me ...
That's going into the keeper file! When I'm feeling like splurging, we'll give it a try. Thanks for posting, Jean.

Re: a recipe for a flan? karyn That's going into th...
You're so welcome.
www.achefsjourney.com
a recipe for a flan?