28 more members and we hit 8,000 forum members!!!!! We're getting to be quite a big neighborhood!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

28 To Go!! cjs 28 more members and ...
Now to figure out how to get more of them to participate.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: 28 To Go!! Gourmet_Mom Now to figure out ho...
Right, Daphne. I just looked at recent new users for the last month or so and only a few even post once. Why do you suppose that is?

Re: 28 To Go!! HomeCulinarian Right, Daphne. I ju...
I have often wondered why everyone who likes to cook doesn't want to be a part of this wonderful group. I have friends who subscribe to the magazine, try lots of recipes, but do not seem to have an interest in "chatting" about it. I do know this, I am so greatful for those of you who do participate, and am looking forward to when we all retire together at Linda's golf resort
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  28 To Go!! cjs 28 more members and ...
Well I just think it's great to ask what you "think" are stupid questions, but generate a huge response with insight and thought.

I also belong to another forum site and I get a great deal of info and since there's and Expo for this thing, I've met a great deal of friends as well!

But I now know to keep most of my info private and "close to the vest" and not to put it "out there".

I feel so badly for Old Bay and Wife. Let's all hope that some good will happen and they will recover their belongings.

Sometimes public board info can help capture thieves. But it helps if you don't publish all your do's in the first place! Or have a great neighborhood to help you!!

We have great neighbors who look out for us and ditto from us.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: 28 To Go!! BarbaraS Well I just think it...
A real little sweetheart newcomer once told me that even tho we are all really friendly to the new folks, we all know each other so well it's a little intimidating to a newcomer. But, have no idea how to overcome this......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: 28 To Go!! cjs A real little sweeth...
How about a sticky at the top - that Welcomes newcomers to the forum and a place to Introduce yourself... Or, the moderator (work for CJS!) send them a PM of welcome and forum etiquette?

And let's try again to get the first level of member participation changed to something besides 'stranger'!

Re: 28 To Go!! HomeCulinarian How about a sticky a...
"And let's try again to get the first level of member participation changed to something besides 'stranger'!" I agree, that is a definite turn off.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: 28 To Go!! Gourmet_Mom "And let's try again...
I'd be glad to make another sticky if no one thinks there are too many alread. Let me talk to Brian about the stranger bit.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: 28 To Go!! cjs I'd be glad to make ...
I still think we need new titles that are food related.

1st level - Fryer
2nd level - Griller
3rd level - Saute Chef
4th level - Chef de partie
5th level - Sous Chef
6th level - Master Chef

Not sure how many levels we have
28 To Go!!