Friday nite--got a flatiron steak on sale for Jane & me. I will marinate & grill it like a flank steak.

Sat nite--both our sons will be here, Bert & Eric. Jane is making King Ranch Chicken and I'm making guacamole--two of their favorites!! Saturday, Eric and I will shop for a new laptop for me (mine was stolen in the burglary). Things should be a little more normal next week!!

Sunday-??????
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Dinners for the Weekend Old Bay Friday nite--got a f...
"Things should be a little more normal next week!!" I know you two will be glad of that!

Both dinners sound really good! I'm playing with Pizzas and dinner review Saturday. I'm still looking for just the right thing for tomorrow night. If William follows his normal pattern, he'll be at the camp, so I get to do WHATEVER I want!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Dinners for the Weekend Gourmet_Mom "Things should be a ...
Back to normal sounds good to me!

Have you already told us what King Ranch Chicken is and I've forgotten?

Re: Dinners for the Weekend HomeCulinarian Back to normal sound...
Sounds great!

I'm thinking ahead too (and I think it will be freezing and raining so grilling might turn my husband off).

Thinking of seared scallops with a meyer lemon beurre-blanc for one night. That's all I've got so far.

Re: Dinners for the Weekend Trixxee Sounds great![br][br...
Well my plans this week were all mucked up with the snow. Didn't want to put a dinner in the crock pot to be done at 8 pm and find gym cancelled or like last night over at 6pm. So, I have enchiladas on for tomorrow night and the potroast int he crock pot on for Saturday night after two gymnastics meets. No idea about Sunday yet. Hoping Steve will be home.

Glad to hear you are starting to replace your things Bill. That is so hard. Steve's shop was broken into a few years ago. He replaced the items and about 6 weeks later they hit again. That is when we got the alarm system installed.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Dinners for the Weekend Old Bay Friday nite--got a f...
Both nights sound really good. Glad you're starting to get back to normal. It's really hard.

I have one night planned - going to try cochinita pibil in the crockpot, banana leaves and all. Francois is leaving for Germany Sunday so we'll have something wonderful Saturday night -not sure what, yet!

Take good care you two!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Dinners for the Weekend