I'm sorry to have to post this, but for those who have the Pizza, Pizza, Pizza! book, on page 112 of the Specialty Pizzas, Beer & Rye Pizza Dough recipe, the amount of salt should be 1 tsp. NOT 1 T.

Got by all of us....again, I so apologize and I hope no one made this and was completely turned off!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

ERROR in the Pizza, Pizza Pizza! Book cjs I'm sorry to have to...
OIY! How did we miss that? A tablespoon...really? I can't believe I overlooked that. Sorry!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: ERROR in the Pizza, Pizza Pizza! Book Gourmet_Mom OIY! How did we mis...
we all did, Daphne!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: ERROR in the Pizza, Pizza Pizza! Book cjs we all did, Daphne! ...
Yikes! Sorry, I missed it too! Well, at least we can say that it's all a matter of taste when it comes to salt. I have seen bread recipes with the same amount of flour that have had anywhere from 1 tsp. to 1 T. of salt in the recipe.

I think that most people who make their own pizza dough would probably realize that was a bit much and maybe cut it down on their own. If not, they would the next time they make it. It happens all the time, so I always use my own judgement when it comes to salt.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: ERROR in the Pizza, Pizza Pizza! Book cjs we all did, Daphne! ...
Quote:

we all did, Daphne!

Sorry Jean. But I must say I don't think it would ruin that much dough. I add salt to my V8. Only the salt police would notice--still sorry we missed it.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: ERROR in the Pizza, Pizza Pizza! Book Old Bay [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Well, and screw the salt police.... thanks everyone. For an error, it really isn't such a bad one, I guess. We lucked out.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: ERROR in the Pizza, Pizza Pizza! Book cjs Well, and screw the ...
Good for you Jean!!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  ERROR in the Pizza, Pizza Pizza! Book cjs I'm sorry to have to...
I think we made it, and liked it. I'll remember for next time.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
ERROR in the Pizza, Pizza Pizza! Book