What's on everyone's menu for tongiht?

I had planned to finish the leftovers from the Buffalo Risotto, but change of plans. We're heading to the big city for the day, so will try a new place to eat. L/Os tomorrow.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/25?? cjs What's on everyone's...
Last I heard Francois is cooking us dinner tonight. He's talking rack of lamb - but we're not sure.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/25?? Harborwitch Last I heard Francoi...
Cricket and I will share the leftovers from last night's pot roast in the form of opened faced hot roast beef sandwiches. YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/25?? Harborwitch Last I heard Francoi...
I'm trying out a new crab cake recipe-- Green Chili Crab Cakes with Tomatillo Salsa. Unfortunately, I could only find canned, pasteurized lump crab, which I've never used before. I hope it's okay! Does anyone have any advice for using this stuff? Do I drain it and/or rinse it before I add it to the rest of the stuff that goes into the cakes or just use it straight from the can?

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/25?? karyn I'm trying out a new...
Are you talking about the canned crab in the meat or seafood case that is refrigerated? That's the only crab we can get around here. I use it as is, straight from the can.
Daphne

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/25?? Gourmet_Mom Are you talking abou...
That's the stuff! I'll just use it straight from the can, then. Thanks Daphne!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/25?? karyn That's the stuff! I'...
I usually rinse the canned crab - the sodium is quite high, but then I rinse just about everything that is canned...well not cream-style corn or soup.

Sharon, I thought you were leaving Thursday?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/25?? cjs I usually rinse the ...
Never thought of the sodium. I'll have to check that out next time.
Daphne

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/25?? Gourmet_Mom Never thought of the...
The crab cakes were outstanding! The tomatillo salsa added just enough acidity to cut the richness of the crab cakes. This is definitely a keeper.

I actually did wind up draining and rinsing the crab because I didn't like the taste of the small amount of liquid. It's nice to know that pasteurized crab is an acceptable alternative when fresh isn't available. Thanks for the help.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/25?? karyn The crab cakes were ...
I'll have to try draining and rinsing next time. I'd love to know how your crab is packaged down there, Karyn. Canned is all we get around here without picking your own. Southport even has a crab packing plant, but nowadays, they get their crab from overseas, prepicked....UGH!
Daphne
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/25??