We are doing this on Friday the 13th of May--menu pretty set
Canapes--Angel of Death Cheese (shape of an angel), salsa deviled eggs, Shrimp Apocolipse (grilled achiote shrimp), cheese bennes, and caviar artichoke spread (black caviar on top with a red caviar devil in the middle).

Salad--Hearts of Palm
Entree-Jerk pork & chicken on a bed of saffron rice pilaf,pineapple/jicama salsa, and a Swiss Chard Gratin.

Bread--Sundried tomato rolls.

Dessert- Butterscotch Pie (C@H recipe)

Help us with ideas for favors,, a game or entertainment, things like that. For the most part we are playing on voodoo, Jamaica, superstition, Friday 13th, and bad luck. Any suggestions on the menu are ok too. I know--weird!! Maybe a fortune teller?? We are trying to differentiate from Halloween. This will be sit down dinner (cocktails and canapes before) for 24-28 people who know each other well.

Our "21" Club Dinner 5/13 Old Bay We are doing this on...
How fun!!!! Are you going to set up a ladder over the entry and borrow a black cat? LOL! I'll give it some thought. This sounds like sooo much fun. Although, I have a particular superstitious nature. I even broke my arm on a Friday the 13.

Oh, you need to wear a black hat with a feather in it. You remember the James Bond movie that involved voodoo? The one where Jane Seymour was a card reader? That kind of outfit!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Our "21" Club Dinner 5/13 Gourmet_Mom How fun!!!! Are you...
I got engaged on a Friday the 13th Going on 25 years this April so can't complain.

Is the theme based on "Bad Luck" related things? Party favors could be mini mirrors to break when one's luck is too good I love the fortune teller idea!! She must be like a gypsy.

Re: Our "21" Club Dinner 5/13 DFen911 I got engaged on a F...
Place cards on Fortune Teller cards!!!! I'd use black napkins and/or a Gypsy motiff! Sparkley and scarves!

Rubber chickens! Sorry, Gert!
Daphne

Re: Our "21" Club Dinner 5/13 Gourmet_Mom Place cards on Fortu...
Tarot Cards!

Re: Our "21" Club Dinner 5/13 DFen911 Tarot Cards! [img]/u...
I KNEW they had a special name...LOL! Couldn't remember!

I just thought of game idea. Once we were invited to the revival of the May Fly Festival. The hostess came up with a game where the guests had to guess the answer to a question related to the theme. The winner was crowned Queen of the May Fly Festival...literally, with a water bonnet crown (a water plant that blooms when the May Flies hatch) and a scepter adorned with a May Fly (fake, of course). The "Queen" was responsible for the next year's festival. I didn't know that was the "consequence" when I made my guess....LOL! OIY!
Daphne

Re: Our "21" Club Dinner 5/13 Gourmet_Mom I KNEW they had a sp...
"Rubber chickens! Sorry, Gert! " EXCUSE ME?????? (this is a message from Gert) "I AM NOT A SORRY-A$$ CHICKEN!! I AM A WATCH GOOSE. NEVER HAVE I BEEN SO INSULTED ~ WHO IS THIS "DAPHNE" PERSON, ANYWAY?"

Bill, everything sounds really good, 'fraid I can't help with ideas, but you're sure getting a lot of them. It's fun reading.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Our "21" Club Dinner 5/13 DFen911 Tarot Cards! [img]/u...
Quote:

Tarot Cards!

That's what I was going to say - great minds!

I know my mind will come to life about 3am with ideas. It sounds like a really fun party and menu!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Our "21" Club Dinner 5/13 Harborwitch [blockquote]Quote:[h...
How about a game of Taboo. Kind of a board game with teams. Could be fun.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Our "21" Club Dinner 5/13 esgunn How about a game of ...
Taboo is perfect!!!!! I kept thinking there was a game that fit! That's it!
Daphne
Our "21" Club Dinner 5/13