What's for dinner??

I think I'm going in the opposite direction today - rather than matching wine to dinner, I have a bottle of Three Angels '07 Primitivo that will go well with "bold dishes with tomnatoes, black olives, capers," so I'm making Sago alla Puttanesca.

Has black olives, anchovy fillets, garlic, olive oil, capers, tomato sauce and spaghetti - boy is my tummy growing right now. Oh, and we have one little chunk of Rouxfy's ciabatta left. (now I can make Maryann's!! )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/27 cjs What's for dinner??[...
That sounds really good, Jean! I'm still feeling under the weather, so I think I'm going to make that tomato soup with garlic bread and oven baked chicken tenders I wanted yesterday.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/27 Gourmet_Mom That sounds really g...
Ron says he's hungry for chili, so that's what it will be. Now to decide between his grandmother's recipe or Deva's...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/27 Mare749 Ron says he's hungry...
Do I have "his grandmother's"????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/27 cjs Do I have "his grand...
Wow, I was going to write how I was trying something today! and it would go perfect with Jean's wine I bet
I've got a dough rising for baguette and I'm roasting (with the convection thing going) black and green olives, onions red and white and tomatoes. This seems like it'll be a tasty spread over the baguette. That's the appy, not sure what the dinner is yet This is my second time roasting olives, I really like them
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/27 farnfam Wow, I was going to ...
It's my sisters bday dinner so going to my folks for dinner, grilled salmon, chicken and steak, potato salad and green salad. It's cold and raining here so glad I don't have to cook
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/27 farnfam Wow, I was going to ...
Oh Cis you are killing me here! OMG that sounds so good.

I don't know for sure what we're having - I think a nice soup - something between lasagna soup and minestrone. It'll be a nice hearty dinner which will be nice - it's still gloomy and damp!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/27 Harborwitch Oh Cis you are kill...
Having a big dinner today - celebrating our good friend's son's 21st birthday - he requested lasagna and apple pie! Making both - using Roden's recipe that he requested. College boy is bringing his girlfriend to her first Sunday dinner with the family. Hope she's ready for us!

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/27 HomeCulinarian Having a big dinner ...
Grilled salmon with a caper-tomato-cucumber relish. Salad and probably yellow rice on the side. It will be a very colorful plate.
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/27 cjs Do I have "his grand...
Quote:

Do I have "his grandmother's"????

Yes, you do, Jean. It's on page 168 of "A Chef's Journey Home"
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/27