Okay, the kids and the hubby are leaving for the weekend starting tomorrow (Thur). They will be home on Sunday. I will have three full days to work and get organized. AND on Sunday we are having a B-day dinner for my mom, which will be Jean's Mole Tacos!

What a great end to a great weekend!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Hoorayyyyy! luvnit Okay, the kids and t...
work and get organized...hope you'll take a little "Laura" time also.
Love those tacos.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Hoorayyyyy! cjs work and get organiz...
Quote:

work and get organized...hope you'll take a little "Laura" time also.
Love those tacos.

I'd second that suggestion! Have a couple relaxing evenings at the least. All work and no relaxation make us all grumpy. (Of course so does all relaxation and no work!
)
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Have a wonderful weekend Laura! I've also been doing a lot of getting organized and de-cluttering recently, and it's amazing how much happiness it brings. I've been a bit stunned by how donating stuff we don't use makes me feel so much more relaxed.

Ending the weekend with a family dinner and Jean's mole tacos sounds absolutely perfect.
WOW! Lucky you! Enjoy your weekend!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Hoorayyyyy! Gourmet_Mom WOW! Lucky you! En...
Oh I love those kinds of weekends. Not all the time, but every now and then they are treat Enjoy the party!!

Re: Hoorayyyyy! DFen911 Oh I love those kind...
I am very excited and have been thinking about what I will prepare for ONE. I know I want to make tapioca pudding, from scratch. I love that.

I want to grill something, not sure what yet.

But then I draw a blank... After all these years of thinking what I would do or eat if I had nobody else to think of and I get nothing. What is a gal to do?

Now I just thought of fried rice. Love making that!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Hoorayyyyy! luvnit I am very excited an...
Every now and then its "I need to miss you" time. LOL

Laura think of the favorite things that no one else likes. I'd think about a big bowl of runny cream of wheat. A grilled burger with no bun and a huge plate of salad. Some great wine and a really good book. Hmmmmm, fantasy island. I think I need a day to miss Bob - maybe working again is a good thing.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Hoorayyyyy! Harborwitch Every now and then i...
I usually end up at work on the rare occasion I have that much time to myself. I'm glad you're looking forward to your weekend!

Re: Hoorayyyyy! HomeCulinarian I usually end up at ...
Tapioca? Oh Laura, have you ever made chocolate tapioca? Love it and haven't made it forever.

Interesting - I can't think of anything I would make if I had some "I need to miss you time" - have to think on that.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Hoorayyyyy!