Well, last month I went and posted the recipe on my refrigerator door so I would remember to buy all the ingredients. Now I can't find the recipe anywhere! Can someone help me out and post it?

Thanks!

Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms in Puff Pastry. StormWarning Well, last month I w...
I want to say that Sharon has this one typed up. Is it the one in a recent issue? If so, let me know the issue, and if Sharon doesn't get to it, I will. But it probably won't be until later tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms in Puff Pastry. Gourmet_Mom I want to say that S...
Thank you! Yes, it was a very recent issue (and it looks so tasty). I'm not in too much of a hurry for it.

Re: Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms in Puff Pastry. StormWarning Thank you! Yes, it ...
Since you're not in a rush, I'll wait until in the morning....unless Sharon gets to it first.

Oh, I just checked. I have it copied from where Sharon posted it. Here you go:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Mushroom Wellington

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
Roast:
2 large portobello mushrooms -- (at least 7" in dia.) stems and gills removed.
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon fresh thyme -- chopped and blanched
salt & black pepper.
For the Filling -- saute
1/2 cup leeks -- minced
2 tablespoons shallots -- minced
1 tablespoon garlic -- minced
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup button mushrooms -- minced
1 cup shiitake mushrooms -- minced
1/4 cup walnuts -- roasted and chopped
2 tablespoons fresh chives -- chopped
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon fresh thyme -- chopped
For the Welingtons
2 teaspoons Roquefort Cheese
1 sheet frozen puff pastry -- thawed (8.65 oz)
1 egg -- beaten with 1 Tbs water

Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Brush each portobello, gill side up with 1 tsp dijon and 1/2 tsp thyme and salt & pepper, roast until slightly browned, 20 minutes.

For the filling, saute leeks, shallots, and garlic in oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until softened, 4 -5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until liquid is evaporated and mixture is soft, about 7 minutes.

Stir in walnuts, chives, 1 tsp Dijon, and 1 tsp thyme, then season with salt & pepper.

Sprinkle 1 tsp Roquefort on each roasted portobello. Divide filling evenly between portobellos.

Cut 2 5" rounds from puff pastry. Roll each round on a lightly floured surface to 10" in diameter. Place a portobello in the center of each round, then fold pastry edges inward, leaving a small gap on top. Brush each Wellington with egg wash; transfer to prepared baking sheet.

Bake Wellingtons until pastry is golden and puffed, 20 - 22 minutes.

Description:
"I made these for dinner last night. I had to make a few adjustments, but the agreement was that these are incredible."
Daphne

Re: Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms in Puff Pastry. Gourmet_Mom Since you're not in ...
I think I'd rather have the recipe without Sharon's comments...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms in Puff Pastry. cjs I think I'd rather h...
OOPS! I didn't proof that ....LOL! Fixed!
Daphne

Re: Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms in Puff Pastry. Gourmet_Mom OOPS! I didn't proo...
I actually appreciate the comments! I tend to view all recipes as carved in stone, and get a little apprehensive the first time I make something. Sharon's comments make me realize that life will continue even if I don't follow the directions exactly as written, and that some changes (such as putting the bleu cheese on top) may actually be an improvement.

Again, thanks to everyone for their help.
  Re: Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms in Puff Pastry. Gourmet_Mom Since you're not in ...
Thanks Daphne! I just got home a little bit ago.

Now - I may have to make this again soon. It was really a wonderful dish.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms in Puff Pastry. Harborwitch Thanks Daphne! I ju...
Stopping in for a quick check before grandma duty and what do I see?? A recipe that has me salivating!!!!!
OMG I can't wait to try this.
Thanks Daph and Sharon
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms in Puff Pastry. farnfam Stopping in for a qu...
Thanks for bringing this up. I forgot all about that recipe.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms in Puff Pastry.