Looks like I'm going to be spreading Cinco de Mayo out over four days.

Wednesday -
family tacos (with brisket I slow cooked yesterday in beer)
Bean & Cheese Tamales (a Sandra Lee recipe)
Late snack: Mole Nachos

Thursday - the real day
Chile Lime grilled shrimp tacos
Cinnamon Sugar churros (probably distribute around the neighborhood for our sakes)

Friday -
Steak quesadillas with roasted tomatillo & apple salsa & guacamole
Later snack - Bean & cheese Chalupas

Saturday - Creamy Baked Chicken Taquitos (Karyn posted yesterday)
Later snack - LEFTOVERS!!!!

And, somewhere in there, I want to play with Brendarita sorbet....

whew! Even I will be tired of Mexican by Sunday!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Cinco de Mayo is Tomorrow! (Today's Dinner) cjs Looks like I'm going...
Nothing fancy, but I think I will make my salsa chicken in the crock pot (yes, it is a gym day). Then we will make tacos or wraps when we get home. I found a southwestern rice that works in my rice cooker. I'll make that too.

I like using the small corn tortillas, heated with some refried black beans and a little cheese, topped with chicken, cillantro, red onion, tomatoes and lots of fresh lime juice. Maybe a few jallapeno's too. Kids and Steve like to add salsa and sour cream.

The kids keep asking me if it is a real holiday. Do we have to do school? Do other kids have to do school?
My response: It isn't a real holiday for us, we just like to celebrate it and eat (and drink )!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Cinco de Mayo is Tomorrow! esgunn Nothing fancy, but I...
Erin, I've been distracted this week so forgive me for asking, but is Steve back home??? I hope so!!!

We're getting together with the kids for this one. My job is to make the enchiladas. Each of the girls will make their own dish, which I haven't heard about just yet. I got a tasty sounding margarita recipe in an email that we'll be trying to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Cinco de Mayo is Tomorrow! esgunn Nothing fancy, but I...
Is there another holiday as synonymous for drinking????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Cinco de Mayo is Tomorrow! cjs [img]/ubbthreads/ima...
I'm sure we could think of one, Jean!

Here is the margarita recipe that came in my email yesterday from food.com. It sounds yummy!

* Exported from MasterCook *

The Ultimate Margarita

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
lime wedge
coarse salt
1/4 cup fresh lime juice -- about 1 large lime
1/4 cup silver 100 percent agave tequila
1/4 cup orange liqueur
1/2 cup coarsely cracked ice cube

1 Rub the rims of 2 martini glasses with a lime wedge, then dip the rims in a dish of course salt. 2 Refrigerate the glasses if desired. 3 In a shaker, combine the lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur. 4 Add ice and shake 10 to 15 seconds, then strain into the prepared glasses.

Recipe from: food.com/recipes
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Cinco de Mayo is Tomorrow! Mare749 I'm sure we could th...
Will 2 o'clock never come????? I'm so anxious for a Brendarita!!

That sounds good too, Maryann.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Cinco de Mayo is Tomorrow! cjs Will 2 o'clock never...
Um..St. Paddy's day I think is more synonymous with drinking than Cinco de Mayo

Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow but I have fresh cilantro, limes a pork tenderloin, some fresh corn and a can of black beans.

Re: Cinco de Mayo is Tomorrow! DFen911 Um..St. Paddy's day ...
Of course and my two favorite holidays!!

I'm reworking my menu after the fiasco yesterday. I'll pick here and there.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Cinco de Mayo is Tomorrow!(Today's Dinner) cjs Of course and my two...
Today we'll have the grilled chicken with pineapple salsa and what ever else I can find - we didn't go to the store yesterday, took a ride around the golf course instead.

Orange chipotle grilled chicken tostadas with pineapple salsa. Okay got that far. I'd love one of these with our "dinner" but since I have to work, I guess not.

Spring Fling: Rhubarb Margarita
5.0 from 1 reviews

Print
Recipe Type: Cocktails
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Serves: 2
Ingredients

* 1 cup water
* 1 cup sugar
* 3 rhubarb stalks, cut into small pieces
* 2 orange, juiced
* 1 lime, juiced
* 4 oz tequila
* 2 oz cointreau
* 4 oz club soda
* 4 oz simple syrup

Directions

1. For the simple syrup: Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan with the chopped rhubarb. Bring to a rolling boil and let cook for 10 minutes until the sugar is dissolved the the rhubarb has released its color and flavor. Remove from stove and set aside to cool.
2. For the rhubarb margarita: Combine the freshly squeeze orange and lime juice with tequila, cointreau, club soda and simple syrup. Shake in a cocktail shaker for 10 seconds and then serve.
3. Makes 2 very large rhubarb margaritas

Maybe after work - before bed. Today is 3 to 8 with lots of tournaments going on - one involving 6 different high schools! Yikes.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Cinco de Mayo is Tomorrow!(Today's Dinner) Harborwitch Today we'll have the...
I might buck the holiday and make the Chicken Diane from the new issue. I feel very indecisive at the moment. LOL.
Cinco de Mayo is Tomorrow! (Today's Dinner)