The U.S. Missile Defense Agency's X-Band Radar vessel on is way to a shipyard in Seattle. It is humungous and my pictures didn't do it justice, so here it is when it was in Pearl Harbor.

http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/...ef_pge=lst

The story is here also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

This Sailed By Today! cjs The U.S. Missile Def...
I saw that on the news this morning WOW!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Very cool! William explained how it worked to me. He thought it was very cool, also. Being familiar with container ships, I can only imagine the size of that joker! Thanks for sharing! I'd never heard of such a thing!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Very cool!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: This Sailed By Today! BarbaraS Very cool![br][br]Ba...
Daphne, tell William, when you guys 'finally' get here, we'll give him a chair and binoculars and he will be fascinated with what sails by here!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: This Sailed By Today! cjs Daphne, tell William...
We'll probably have to drag him in to eat....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: This Sailed By Today! Gourmet_Mom We'll probably have ...
That is so cool! I loved watching the ships sail by when I worked in San Francisco. You are so lucky to have those views!!

Re: This Sailed By Today! karyn That is so cool! I l...
That would be so incredible to see! You get to see so many neat things passing thru up there I would just sit and watch all day long

Re: This Sailed By Today! DFen911 That would be so inc...
That is awesome, what an incredible site that must be to see in person. I have never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
This Sailed By Today!