Does anyone know how to change the size of the pictures that we add to a recipe in MasterCook?? And, if you do, do you know how to explain it very, very simply??

The pictures are huge and end up having to use 2 pages for a simple darn recipe. Thanks
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Pictures Inserted in MasterCook cjs Does anyone know how...
Jean, what program are you using for your pictures? Let's start there. That would help me/or anyone else figure out how to help you.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Pictures Inserted in MasterCook Gourmet_Mom Jean, what program a...
The easiest way to resize pictures without having a gaggle of other features is to use Pixresizer. It can work on batches of photos, too - not just one at a time.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Pictures Inserted in MasterCook labradors The easiest way to r...
Is the answer - jpeg?

Labs, nothing happened when I clicked on 'Pixresizer'
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Pictures Inserted in MasterCook cjs Is the answer - jpeg...
Double check your browser settings, Jean, or try it in another browser or another computer. The link works fine for me and I even tested it from the preview before submitting the post. You could also try to copy and paste the link.

If, for some reason, you're still not getting it from the link in that message, here's the address:

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Re: Pictures Inserted in MasterCook labradors Double check your br...
O.K., I looked at the site, seems staight forward, but will the instructions (after I download the program) be beyond me?
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Pictures Inserted in MasterCook cjs O.K., I looked at th...
VERY simple.

To install it, unzip the downloaded file, go into the resulting, Pixresizer folder and double click the "setup.exe" file. Once it has been installed, you may delete that folder and the downloaded zip file.

The steps for resizing the images are VERY easy to understand when you have the program already running on the screen in front of you. In a way, it is more difficult to DESCRIBE the steps, but it may help for a couple of details that may not be readily apparent, so here they are:

To resize a single picture:
  1. Start Pixresizer.
  2. Click "Load Picture."
  3. Select a single file.
  4. Choose the dimensions you want for the new image. The simplest way is to choose one of the existing options but, for forum use, I would suggest choosing "Custom," putting a check mark into "Maintain aspect ratio" and typing 640 into the left box if the width is greater than the height or into the right box if the height is greater than the width. When you type in the 640, the number in the other box will be adjusted automatically so that the image doesn't look stretched or squished.
  5. Next, select the file format for the resized image. I suggest JPEG for better compression and a smaller file size.
  6. Click "Save picture."
  7. Enter the name for the new file or use the name that the program gives you.
  8. Save the file.
To resize a group of pictures:
  1. Start Pixresizer.
  2. Click the tab that says "Work with multiple files."
  3. Click "Source" to select the folder that contains the pictures you wish to resize. ALL the images in that folder will be resized, so you may want to set up a separate folder that you will always empty out when done. Then, copy (not move) all the original files you want to resize into the empty directory before starting Pixresizer.
  4. For now, unless and until you would actually need them, leave all the option boxes unchecked.
  5. Click "Destination" to select the folder where the resized images will be stored (creating a new folder, if you wish).
  6. To select the new size, double click the number next to the slider and enter the size you want the longest side of the pictures to be. Again, I suggest 640 for using the pictures in the forum.
  7. Next, select the file format for the resized image. I suggest JPEG for better compression and a smaller file size.
  8. Click "Save pictures," without checking any of the option boxes, and the program will resize the entire batch of pictures that are in the source folder, saving the results in the destination folder.

Re: Pictures Inserted in MasterCook labradors VERY simple.[br][br]...
"VERY simple." - oh, that's gonna make me feel real good, when I can't do it... Thanks Labs - will try it before a glass of wine.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Pictures Inserted in MasterCook cjs "VERY simple." - oh,...
LOL! As always, should you encounter difficulties or have questions, just ask.

Re: Pictures Inserted in MasterCook labradors LOL! As always, sho...
Jean, I use the program that came with my camera and it gives me the option to resize the pictures. So does the my Microsoft Office Picture Manager that came with my version of Office. It's really easy.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Pictures Inserted in MasterCook