Tonight on Top Chef Masters, the quickfire challenge required using the microwave. For the first time, I thought I could beat any of those amazing chefs.

Between that and all the condensed milk discussion in the other thread, I got a craving for one of my favorite cookies- Six Layer Bars. They've got to be the fastest cookies ever. Anyway, I made them today subbing 1 oz of the butter with coconut oil (it worked well). I was curious because of the TC challenge and found the original recipe, (Usually, I make mine from memory with changes for using a 9X13) which had the date on it. Folks, I've been making these in the microwave since 1976. I have never made them in a regular oven.

Anyone else surprised at this episode? The elimination challenge was fun too, but then again, I am a geek from way back.

Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge Cubangirl Tonight on Top Chef ...
Almost didn't open this thread! We won't see it until tonight. Those quick fires are always a challenge.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge cjs Almost didn't open t...
I didn't see it, but now I want to go look it up. I might be able to watch it on my computer. If not, I'll have to DVR the re-run.

Love those cookie bars, CG!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge Mare749 I didn't see it, but...
Um...six layer bars?

Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge DFen911 Um...six layer bars?...
I agree....what six layer bars?

I'll have to check for the rerun, also.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge Gourmet_Mom I agree....what six ...
This would be one heck of a challenge! There should be a thread. I do not cook meals in a microwave. Just the dinner time kind and to prep potatoes.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge BarbaraS This would be one he...
We love those cookie bars as well, but my version has seven layers. I wonder what the difference is...

Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge karyn We love those cookie...
It would be interesting to see if there were anything meal-worthy, other than bacon, fish and some vegetables, that could actually be COOKED - not just prepped or reheated - in the microwave.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge labradors It would be interest...
I'd be happy with just the six layer recipe if anyone wants to share

Re: Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge DFen911 I'd be happy with ju...
HERE is Denise being subtle! LOL! I KNEW she had been subtle SOMEWHERE....LOL!

I'll be subtle with her again. WHAT six layer bar recipe?!?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Top Chef Masters Microwave Challenge