What's on everyone's menu for today??

The Mystery Dinner will be completed today - started playing with it yesterday. Really looking forward to it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

What's for Dinner, Saturday, 6/11?? cjs What's on everyone's...
Potato Crust Quiche with ham and swiss and bacon bacon bacon....

Thick, uncured, applewood-smoked bacon...

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 6/11?? BarbaraS Potato Crust Quiche ...
Trying the smoker again, with better results I hope. Been going since 6:00am. Baby back ribs and a pork shoulder. Corn on the cob, broccoli and au gratin potatoes.

But before we eat, The Belmont! Still haven't completely decided on who to bet on and root for. I just know I'm praying that everyone crosses the finish line safe and sound. It really is such a dangerous sport.

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 6/11?? Trixxee Trying the smoker ag...
I have no idea. I'll wait around for ideas.

I'm glad you mentioned the Belmont. I totally forgot!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 6/11?? Gourmet_Mom I have no idea. I'l...
Quote:

I have no idea. I'll wait around for ideas.

I'm glad you mentioned the Belmont. I totally forgot!

Uh, mystery meal?

Geez, I'm so busy teasing Daphne, I almost forgot to post what's for dinner. I'm thinking grilled Italian sausage and pepper sandwiches and grilled corn on the cob.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 6/11?? Mare749 [blockquote]Quote:[h...
LOL! I'm going to have to wait a bit to make it. I don't have access to some of the ingredients. And I can't go to the city for another week or so.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 6/11?? Gourmet_Mom LOL! I'm going to h...
6:35pm Eastern on NBC.

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 6/11?? Trixxee 6:35pm Eastern on NB...
I'm making short ribs with cheddar dill cornbread. Love Ina Garten

6 Beef Short Ribs, trimmed of fat
Kosher Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
¼ cup Good Olive Oil
1 ½ cups Chopped Onion (2 Onions)
4 cups Large-Diced Celery (6 Large Stalks)
2 Carrots, peeled and large-diced
1 small Fennel, fronds, stems, and core removed, large-diced
1 Leek, cleaned and large-diced, white part only
3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 (750-ml) Bottle Burgundy Or Other Dry Red Wine
Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
Fresh Thyme Sprigs
6 cups Beef Stock
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the short ribs on a sheet pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.

Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven and add the onion, celery, carrots, fennel, and leek and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Pour the wine over the vegetables, bring to a boil, and cook over high heat until the liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Tie the rosemary and thyme together with kitchen twine and add to the pot.

Cheddar Dill Cornbread -

Ingredients:
3 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 cup Yellow Cornmeal
¼ cup Sugar
2 Tbsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Kosher Salt
2 cups Milk
3 Extra-Large Eggs, lightly beaten
½ pound (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, melted, plus extra to grease the pan
8 ounces Aged Extra-Sharp Cheddar, grated, divided
1 cup Minced Fresh Dill

Directions:
Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and butter. With a wooden spoon, stir the wet ingredients into the dry until most of the lumps are dissolved. Don't overmix! Mix in 2 cups of the grated Cheddar and the dill, and allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13 by 2-inch baking pan.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and sprinkle with the remaining grated Cheddar. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and cut into large squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 6/11?? DFen911 I'm making short rib...
Jean, I hope you enjoy your mystery dinner!

Denise, I love short ribs! That sounds like a delicious dinner

We're having chicken satay with a peanut dipping sauce and cucumber relish. I'll probably serve it with some kind of rice pilaf.

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 6/11?? karyn Jean, I hope you enj...
Beer Can chickens on the grill. Had the chicken Taquitos Karyn posted awhile back for lunch! Those are a real hit in this house! I made them with leftover smoked pulled pork. A keeper! Thanks Karyn!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
What's for Dinner, Saturday, 6/11??