My old favorite Herb Pizza Dough has been upgraded. I made a batch this morning and reduced the salt to 1 tsp. (from 1 1/2 tsp) and added 1/2 tsp. white pepper. Oh my, you just get this wonderful peppery flavor at the back of your tongue and it is wonderful.

I used up my tuna and smoked trout on this one and it was so good.
[Image: CIMG1019.jpg]

You might want to give the white pepper a try in your next pizza dough.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Pizza Dough Discovery! cjs My old favorite Herb...
White pepper is like magic dust, isn't it?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Pizza Dough Discovery! labradors White pepper is like...
Cool idea, Jean! I love the stuff. I see those pine nuts on there. YUMMY! I can't wait until the end of the month. I have been out of pine nuts for so long, I almost forgot what they taste like.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Pizza Dough Discovery! cjs My old favorite Herb...
I love love love white pepper. I'll make a note of that!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Pizza Dough Discovery! Harborwitch I love love love whi...
"White pepper is like magic dust, isn't it?" - yes
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Pizza Dough Discovery! cjs "White pepper is lik...
I don't like heat, so I don't use a lot of chiles (except for anchos and poblanos) and routinely omitted the black pepper from anything I made. Then I discovered Penzey's Sarawak white peppercorns and I now happily add pepper.
  Re: Pizza Dough Discovery! cjs "White pepper is lik...
Quote:

"White pepper is like magic dust, isn't it?" - yes

Jean, I have 27 of your par baked sourdough crusts in the feezer for the 4th. Is there any reason I couldn't add white pepper to my next batch of sourdough? I have a comfort zone with your sourdough --and I love white pepper, and cayenne, and black pepper--I'm so close to Louisiana that a certain "coonass" influence creeps into my Texas palate--they like our stuff too--"fusion". (local)!!

Re: Pizza Dough Discovery! Old Bay [blockquote]Quote:[h...
I love Jean's Herb Pizza dough recipe so much, I haven't branched out to the Sour Dough recipe. Based on your recommendation.......I think I need to try it. I think I need to anticipate the Sicilian thick crust I loved from a take out we loved from college!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Pizza Dough Discovery! Gourmet_Mom I love Jean's Herb P...
I'm planning on trying the white pepper in all (and new ones also) the pizza recipes and see which we like best with it. Don't want to make all of them the same, so this should be interesting.

I love that, what pizza can I name "coonass" ???????
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Pizza Dough Discovery! cjs I'm planning on tryi...
Quote:

I'm planning on trying the white pepper in all (and new ones also) the pizza recipes and see which we like best with it. Don't want to make all of them the same, so this should be interesting.

I love that, what pizza can I name "coonass" ???????

How about one with all three peppers in the crust--jalapeno jack cheese on top--finish with with onions, bell peppers, crawdads, and andouille sausage?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Pizza Dough Discovery!