Seems like just yesterday, I was typing June 1st!!! Time is flying by and I'm not catching up very well.

What's on everyone menu for the last day of June?

Our food got so screwed up yesterday between "big" shopping and stopping for a glass of wine at Applebees (sp?) - haven't had a glass of Chateau St. Michelle Cab for the longest time and it was just delightful and turned into a 2nd glass and splitting a lemon chicken platter. Paella, thank God, wasn't completely thawed, so back in the freezer and soup will hold for today. Roy's working at the winery today, he'll eat there.

(more than anyone could possibly care about, I'm sure! ) In other words, I can get a heck of a lot of work done today and have soup for my dinner.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/30?? cjs Seems like just yest...
Scary, isn't it? I worry about watching my summer piddle away!

I picked up my new issue and almost couldn't decide. William is staying out at the farm tonight, so I didn't want to have something HE would want. I looked at the Grilled Chicken Satay, but I'm stumped at the moment about the cashew butter. So for now, I'm looking at the Steak House Salad Pizza. I need pizza dough for another project later, so this may be dinner tonight. I've actually got everything I need to make it.

Now to figure out what kind of cake to make for William's friend...turning 81 today! I've got to help him figure out the internet, email, and Facebook this afternoon.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/30?? Gourmet_Mom Scary, isn't it? I ...
I'm making a grilled pork tenderloin with dill-mustard sauce, zucchini "pickles" and baked potatoes.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/30?? Trixxee I'm making a grilled...
Today is Hubby's birthday! He always likes to have chicken pieces marinated with the Weber Grill recipe and potato salad. We'll have a lettuce salad from our garden too.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/30?? HomeCulinarian Today is Hubby's bir...
Happy Birthday, Jeannette's Hubby!!! And, may I say you are looking quite debonair for your young age.

Another day where all menus sound very good! So many dishes, so few years......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/30?? cjs Happy Birthday, Jean...
Happy birthday to your hubby, Jeannette! What a week of celebration for both of you!

Dinner tonight is a faux veal scallopine using venison steaks instead of veal, mashed reds, mixed veggies and bruschetta. Busy week for Ron, still in need of comfort food!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/30?? Mare749 Happy birthday to yo...
I'm planning on the Vietnamese Sticky Chicken, some amazing (un-named) sweet potato fries from Food Network magazine. I couldn't get daikon so I'll go back to the old standby C@H cucumbers.

Hmmmmmm had sorta Asian chicken salad for lunch - oh well!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/30?? Harborwitch I'm planning on the ...
Bob was so tickled last night - all the flavors that he loves, and an "intricate" dinner with lots of flavors and textures.

The Vietnamese chicken was astoundingly good. I didn't have enough lettuce to do the recommended serving. I had a head of "Little Gem" baby romaine (maybe the best lettuce EVER!) and made a simple salad with cilantro, basil, and some chives with a sesame ginger dressing and put the chicken on the salad. Bob would eat this forever if I would cook it every night.

I did the C@H Asian Cucumber Salad - but since I had some beautiful radishes I sliced some and added to the salad. Beautiful. I think I'll add some chopped mint to the remainder this afternoon.

As a side I fixed
These Fries. They were absolutely perfect with the chicken Oh heck - these would be incredible just as a snack. Absolute perfection!

[Image: DSCN5997.jpg]

I wish the picture of the fries had come out.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/30?? Harborwitch Bob was so tickled l...
Sharon, I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe. Looks great!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/30?? Gourmet_Mom Sharon, I'm glad you...
It's a keeper! I think I could alternate that with the Chili Prawns forever and Bob would be happy happy happy!
What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/30??