What's on everyone's menu today?

Roy's bottling, so later dinner and I still have clams in the freezer that are calling my name, maybe a fried clam dinner with some oven fries. My mouth is watering already.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/22?? cjs What's on everyone's...
OS is coming in to day for the weekend! Since I didn't get to make the Mushroom Pork Marsala yesterday, I think I'll make that for him. I think it's something he'll like, too!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/22?? Gourmet_Mom OS is coming in to d...
No clue, but I think we might be going out if Ron gets home early today. If not, maybe some BLT's.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/22?? cjs What's on everyone's...
Quote:

I still have clams in the freezer that are calling my name,

Clams in the freezer?? Shucked? Frozen? How does that work out?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/22?? BarbaraS [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Ok do you guys buy your shell fish fresh, clean it and freeze it or later or do you cook them first and then freeze them?

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/22?? DFen911 Ok do you guys buy y...
Depends on what we have. What's in the freezer now is a partial bag from Trader Joe's of breaded clams that I'll just pop in oil for a little. I also have an 'old' bag and really needs to be used of frozen mussels, I thawed them and removed the meat from the shells and I'll give them a light batter and fry with the clams. A few oven fries, and more of the zucchini slaw I made for myself for lunch and that's dinner. Gotta say, I'm really antsy for Roy Richard to get home so we can eat.

Other clams we have in the freezer are razor clams that I'll make some chowder, clam cakes and chop up for a clam 'scatter' (again, deep fried ) love these.

By the way, speaking of deep frying seafood - I learned something the other day. I drain my fried seafood on either paper towels or brown paper bags, if I have some handy. I read somewhere (somewhere that I trust, but can't remember where, sorry ) that using paper towels can give the seafood a steamed flavor and/or quality. So, paper bags only for me from now on.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/22?? cjs Depends on what we h...
The reason why I ask is that at Costco when they have their seafood section set up they have a 2lb bag of mussels. Well Derek doesn't care for them so I was wondering if I could buy the bag and divide them into servings and freeze them as the are and use them whenever I want a few.

Or would I have to cook them first?

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/22?? DFen911 The reason why I ask...
We are having my staff party tomorrow--main course--pizza. Today I made boiled shrimp and sauce, bbq baby backs in a tequila, agavi, triple sec, ancho, cumin glaze and sauce and grilled sausage. Jane fixed the meat, vegis, and cheese for the pizza, plus a strawberry tiramisu and a raspberry tart. (She also cleaned the house--love that girl!!) We ate some of the hors de ovrs (sp?)--full--good day tomorrow--all I do is cook the pizza!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/22?? Old Bay We are having my sta...
Guess we're both having a pizza party tomorrow, Bill and Jane! I wish we could join you at the pizza oven and pool! I hope your weather has improved for your party! We're looking at 100+ tomorrow. Hoping for a lake breeze! I'd do them inside, but I'm too happy with the new window AC units. I can duck in and out....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/22?? Gourmet_Mom Guess we're both hav...
I wouldn't cook them first, Denise, just split them up and freeze as you said in portions. Nothing surprised me as much as finding out about frozen mussels, that's for sure.

The pizza parties sound like so much fun - and, speaking of pizzas, I watched a show last night featuring a restaurant in N.Y. (Nino's???), can't remember the name (I was too busy writing down the ingredients) that sells that $1,000.00 pizza.

I think I'm going to have to play with their "Luxury Pizza"
Semolina crust brushed with olive oil and baked until golden. Cool and top with:
creme fraiche
2 long pieces of chives laid to quarter the pizza
8 oz. of each of the four top caviars: Beluga, Sterlet, Ossetra, and Sevruga
thin slices of lobster tail
dollops of wasabi and salmon roe top it off.

WOW! I want to make a poor man's version. sounds so good!
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. Dinner - 7/22??