I finally get to go to Trader Joe's! Any must haves?

I sure hope they'll have my truffle oil. I'm out and need it for my Truffle Pizza.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Trader Joe's Gourmet_Mom I finally get to go ...
Daphne,

They have these frozen "Vegetable Bird's Nests" that my BIL raves about (he works at one), and we bought a package and they were tasty.

It's basically some shredded veggies formed into a bird's nest and covered with Tempura batter. Fatty, yeah. Tasty, yeah. Not something I'm into when I need to watch my increasing waistline.

Apparently, TJ's has a LOT of great frozen specialties. They also have local juices and produce. I never saw Truffle Oil there, black or white. Wegman's would be the target for that. Or go online to Amazon.com.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Trader Joe's BarbaraS Daphne,[br][br]They ...
Sadly, no Wegman's in NC! I'm going to be near Charlotte and hope I can find the oil. I saw a bottle in a Harris Teeter in Wilmington recently. If they don't have it at TJ's, there's a HT within a mile. I have ordered it before, but I couldn't get an order in before my trip. I'm determined to make Jean's Truffle Pizza for YS and GF while there this weekend. Crossing fingers!
Daphne

Re: Trader Joe's Gourmet_Mom Sadly, no Wegman's i...
I sure like their Whole Wheat pastas. Also, you might look for Trader Joe-san Saki, our inexpensive Schloss Biebrich Sekt (our Sunday Brunch sparkly). That's all I can think of right now. Have fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Trader Joe's cjs I sure like their Wh...
I always just wander around the store looking for goodies. Not much I buy regularly. Ours has a pretty good cheese section. I do like their white Balsamic Vinegar. I also like their steam in a bag fresh vegies. They have a cracker that is really good too - but I don't remember what they are called. I think they are a sesame thin kind of cracker.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Trader Joe's Gourmet_Mom Sadly, no Wegman's i...
Goat brie (almost any of their cheeses)! They had an amazing white balsamic this trip. If they have them, chocolate & candy coated sunflower seeds - wonderful snack. Nuts!!! NUTS!!! Wonderful raw cashews, shelled pistachios, hazelnuts, etc. Goat brie. Did I mention their goat brie???? LOL
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Trader Joe's Harborwitch Goat brie (almost an...
This is really sounding good, you guys! I've never had white balsamic vinegar! And the cheese section will definitely be visited! Lucky me! We have to make room for a big tub of shrimp and a smaller bag of goodies on the trip up. So I'll have all that space on the way home! We'll stop to look for truffle oil on the way up and scope things out for a big shopping spree on the way home! I'm hoping to score some wine at a good price, also!

With William's new phone, I'll be able to check in...even in Andrew's little "hollar"...LOL!
Daphne

Re: Trader Joe's Gourmet_Mom This is really sound...
Their frozen Haricovert (I know I spelled that wrong!) and frozen artichoke hearts!!! They are the best.

Did I mention the little rounds of goat brie???
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Trader Joe's Harborwitch Their frozen Haricov...
Love the chocolate or mocha "european style yogurt". Love the steamed beets in the produce section. I buy a lot of staples there because they are so decently priced - mustards, coconut milk, broths, olives, feta cheese, goat cheese, proscuitto, milk, butter, whipped cream, trail mixes, sparkling water, vinegars and oils, Luna bars. The list is pretty much endless.

Re: Trader Joe's Trixxee Love the chocolate o...
They also some great snacks like the best mini ginger snaps, or meyer lemon puffs.
Trader Joe's