August, already! What's on the menu for everyone?

My friend dropped off another bucket of clams and oysters last night, so we'll have John Hinterberger's (he was a reporter for the Seattle paper years ago) Clam Spaghetti and a few oysters fixed with a coca-cola sauce....really. Will have to freeze a few of each probably.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! cjs August, already! Wha...
I cannot believe how fast time is going. Only 23 more days until school starts - wahhh.

Trying this one out tonight. Not sure what the sides will be yet.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...uce-366432

Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! Trixxee I cannot believe how...
I'm not sure yet, but I do know I want some of those quick pickle veggies! There's a handful of ripe cukes out there.
Btw, Trix, I took your suggestion of terriyaki glaze for the tuna steaks, and grilled them along with the pineapple (with a sweet glaze on it) a little rice and it was a fine meal. Thanx for the idea
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! farnfam I'm not sure yet, bu...
Glad it worked out! And that sound so good right now.

Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! Trixxee Glad it worked out! ...
Anticipation.........................

[Image: ClamsfromTerri.jpg]

for dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! cjs Anticipation...........
Oh those clams look amazing! I hope you have a wonderful dinner, Jean.

We're having chicken & veggie kebabs with pita.

Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! karyn Oh those clams look ...
Jean, YOUR dinner looks wonderful! We are having your recipe for Spaghetti Marinara & Meatballs!
We love it
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! cjs Anticipation...........
Now that's just plain mean!!

I can't make those until the weekend.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! BarbaraS Now that's just plai...
Oh man that bucket of clams looks good! I think I am going to make a version of pasta cobb salad with cheese tortellini.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!! esgunn Oh man that bucket o...
Jean, that looks amazing! I could eat every last one of them!

We stopped along the road at a produce stand to pick up some peaches. I couldn't get many because we were so packed! (YS and GF are coming in a few weeks, so hopefully, he'll be able to pick me up more then.)

Anyway, the tomatoes, little red potatoes, and okra looked soooo good! We're so pooped now, we're just going to have BLTs with a fresh peach for dessert. But tomorrow, I'll be frying the okra and boiling up the little potatoes. I'll slice up a fresh tomato and add some cukes and onions in vinegar, some country ham and fresh biscuits! Typical summer meal at my grandmother's! Can't wait!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
What's for Dinner 1st Day of August!!!!