So, last Friday night I did this with Katie and Abby and wanted to report the results.

First of all, I had no idea how easy this was going to be. I let the girls do this themselves with Katie reading the recipe and both of them doing the measuring. All I had to do was provide the supplies and watch.

I wish I had thought to take pictures because the girls were on pins and needles waiting for this evening so they could open their creation. And, it was perfect. Ice cream floats all around! This is a very fun once in a while treat.

Here is the link to the recipe that we used: http://biology.clc.uc.edu/fankhauser/Che...ER_Jn0.htm

Another recipe that I saw called for adding vanilla to the mix to make it taste more like A&W root beer, so we'll try that next time. I'm going to start with 1/2 tsp.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Making homemade root beer Mare749 So, last Friday nigh...
How fun, Maryann! I can just imagine their anticipation...LOL! Don't forget the pictures next time!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Making homemade root beer Gourmet_Mom How fun, Maryann! I...
Cool, isn't it, Maryann? His ginger-ale recipe is the one I use and it's great. I especially like that it uses yeast for the carbonisation, instead of copping out with club soda.

Daphne, the web page for the recipe has good pictures. Of course, I know it's not the same as having the photos from someone you already know, but the recipe IS well illustrated.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Making homemade root beer labradors Cool, isn't it, Mary...
Whoooee, good for the girls and Grandma!! You and Ron now need to stash some and make Drunken Rootbeer floats......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Making homemade root beer cjs Whoooee, good for th...
Now, how about this for their next project???

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/h...=MjQyMDA5NTc0S0
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Making homemade root beer cjs Now, how about this ...
Those are so pretty, Jean! I'll have to wait a while though. Holly is careful about their sugar intake, much more than I ever was when she was a kid! They actually never eat candy except for Halloween. I've been wanting to make those ruby rasberry jellies, but am saving that for when the whole family is going to be together.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Making homemade root beer