How long can pizza dough sit out before it has to be refrigerated? I always have to figure out approximately what time we are going to use it so that it's not "over risen" I don't like putting it in the frig because it takes forever to "feel right" again.

For example, if I want to make the dough at 9 a.m., but won't use it until 5 or 6 p.m., would I have to refrigerate and if so, what time would I take it out?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Question for Jean regarding pizza dough Mare749 How long can pizza d...
What I normally do, but keep in mind me being retired, is take it out first thing in the a.m. and when it reaches the point I like to work with, I shape it to a round on a screen, wrap and refrigerate until about 1 hour before making the pizza.

Otherwise, as long as I have 4 or 5 hours to allow it out of frig, I go with also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Question for Jean regarding pizza dough cjs What I normally do, ...
Thanks Jean, that's exactly what I'm going to do right now. It's only 2:30 here and we're not eating until about 7 tonight because Bob is helping Ron put in linoleum today and they probably won't be finished much before that.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Question for Jean regarding pizza dough