Whew, everyone made it thru another week! Must have been a rough one for the teachers, Daphne - you're exhausted and Karyn hasn't even been on this week, has she?

So, what's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We're doing a Costco run, so will probably ruin our dinners somewhere...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? cjs Whew, everyone made ...
The weather took a turn and it's cold today, so I'm making soup. Have a nice pot of homemade chicken broth waiting, so just trying to decide what it's going to be. May just start cutting up veggies and finish it with a scoop of orzo.

Just noticed there are 56 anon users online right now. Sure wish some of you would stop in and say hello!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? Mare749 The weather took a t...
HI

Green Tomato soup and leftover scallops with israeli couscous

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? piano226 HI[br][br]Green Toma...
Hey stranger - good to see you!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? cjs Hey stranger - good ...
Quote:

The weather took a turn and it's cold today

Here too, it dropped 30 degrees in a day. I took the leftover chicken in garlic sauce off the bones. I think I'll turn it into a soup, or serve it over pasta.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? Lorraine [blockquote]Quote:[...
Thank god it's Friday is right! I think I'm going to try my hand at country fried steak, gravy, biscuits and corn.
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? piano226 HI[br][br]Green Toma...
Quote:

HI

Green Tomato soup and leftover scallops with israeli couscous

I have never seen a recipe for green tomato soup. Is it a Cuisine recipe?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? Mare749 [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Tonight I'm making cornflake crusted pork nuggets with Mojo glaze. My daughter dropped off some corn that she grew, so I might make Maque Choux with it, but then again, just regular old corn on the cob (slathered with butter* and salt) sounds pretty good also.

* I can not believe it's not butter.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? losblanos1 Tonight I'm making ...
Green tomato soup is not a cuisine at home recipe. I found it a few years ago and we fell in love with the soup expecially when I have 137 heirloom tomato plants in the garden.

The recipe is super easy...and it basically goes like this
Chop an onion . Stir fry in a little bit of oil until light golden color. Add some kind of a smoked sausage. I always do either cocktail wieners or turkey polish sausage ( cut into small pieces). Add to the onions, Cut up a few green tomatoes , add to the mixture. Let it cook for 5-10 min. Add chicken broth and again let it simmer for 10 min or so.

Add sour cream to the bowls when serve.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? piano226 Green tomato soup is...
now, doesn't that sound interesting! thanks, Marina - 137...geez and I have two paltry plants, but they are producing.
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16?