What's on the menu for today?

I'm making something with 3/4 lb. leftover crab...........

Also, trying an 18 hour bread that has been 'staling' (a word?) for 2 days. I added sugar, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, mace and nutmeg and now will use it to make "waffles" out of the bread slices. We'll see.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 cjs What's on the menu f...
So utterly boring here - leftover pot roast, mashed potatoes and corn. This weekend I hope to make some things that are a little more exciting. A friend of mine really wants me to try a vietnamese grilled pork tenderloin salad she's made a couple of times now.

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 Trixxee So utterly boring he...
Trixxee, that might be ours also. Making Wine Jelly today, so I need something fast and easy.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 Lorraine Trixxee, that might ...
I'm thinking about making chicken caesar salad, but that's subject to change.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 Mare749 I'm thinking about m...
Umm, maybe something with Tilapia, but I don't know what ???
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 farnfam Umm, maybe something...
I'm by myself tonight and sick. At least I got out of working the football game. I was going to make shrimp, but since William isn't eating here tonight, I picked up one of those pasta dinners in a bag. I've got tomato soup I can make as a back up plan, just in case it's nasty.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 Gourmet_Mom I'm by myself tonigh...
Hope you're feeling better! Our leftover Texas Caviar morphed into Tortilla Soup. It's smelling great!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 Lorraine Hope you're feeling ...
Thanks, Lorraine. That's an interesting transformation....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 Gourmet_Mom Thanks, Lorraine. T...
tomorrow's Friday - Daphne!! Don't get sick now.

I'm so tickled - the 18-hour spiced bread made wonderful waffles!! What a great way to use up 2 day old rustic bread.

[Image: 18-HourBreadWaffles1.jpg]

I bet this will really be good with plain artisan bread, too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 cjs tomorrow's Friday - ...
Everything sounds so good. I hope you feel better Daphne. Jean those "waffles" look and sound amazing! Those would make a nice bacon sandwich.

We're meeting some of the other work campers at the bowling alley for dinner. I'd planned a nice dinner since it was my day off 0- but they're all heading south in the next 10 days or so we're going to go.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22