I am always so hesitant about making jelly, for fear they will not set up. My first one today was my basic recipe, using a Sweet Reserve Red wine. This stuff was jelling in the jars as I was filling them. My second one is an experiment. Equal parts Apple Juice and Chardonnay. I've added some fresh thyme to the pot, and will add a sprig wehen a jar it. Fingers crossed!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Wine Jelly Lorraine I am always so hesit...
Sounds good - haven't made any 'catering' jams/jelly yet this year. (where has this year gone????)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Wine Jelly cjs Sounds good - haven'...
The white looks like it is setting up nicely. I'll have to wait to try it, then see how many batches we want to make.

Re: Wine Jelly Lorraine The white looks like...
I love you jams and jelly ideas, Lorraine! Come on retirement!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Wine Jelly Gourmet_Mom I love you jams and ...
Sounds delicious Lorraine!
  Re: Wine Jelly Lorraine The white looks like...
I did a white wine and thyme jelly a bunch of years ago - so good on a chicken sandwich.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Wine Jelly Harborwitch I did a white wine a...
The red set up beautifuuly, and tastes great. The white, on the other hand, is still runny, but the taste is fabulous. I think we can use it as a sauce when we have pork loin on the buffet. I've been using Dutch Jell, it is so much cheaper than pectin, and I can buy it in bulk at the Mennonite store. But, after reading up on it today, it needs a really high sugar contect to work. I may have to break down and buy their book.

Re: Wine Jelly Lorraine The red set up beaut...
I let the white sit another 24 hours, and it has now set nicely. Luckily, I have another 1 1/2 cases of Chardonnay, and a big bucket of thyme.

Re: Wine Jelly Lorraine I let the white sit ...
good to know, Lorraine - thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wine Jelly