Just thought I'd share the very first recipe for THE PANTRY BOOK which I just made today and is it ever good!!

[Image: PantrySeafoodCass22Sept.jpg]

Master Recipe for a Pantry/Leftover Seafood Casserole

This dish can be put together ahead of time and just heat up in the oven for a fast and tasty dinner.

4 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 cups milk
1 packet dry dip or soup mix (about 1 to 1 1/2 oz.)*
10 oz. box frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
6 oz. (about 3 cups) Pasta, uncooked
1/2 lb. cook crab, shrimp, white fish, salmon or 12 oz. can of tuna, drained
1/2 cup (2 oz.) grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an ovenproof an oven-proof casserole and set aside.

Start heating salted water to cook the pasta. In a medium size saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat; add the flour and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Continue whisking while adding the milk; reduce the heat to low and cook stirring often until thickened, about 5 minutes.

Add 1 oz. of the packet of dip mix and incorporate thoroughly; taste and if not enough flavor continue adding a little more of the mix until you have the flavor you want. Add the spinach and combine well.

While the sauce is cooking cook the pasta, drain well and add to the sauce mixture along with the fish of your choice and gently mix it in. Pour into the prepared casserole dish and top with the Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes until heated through and the top begins to brown a little. 4 servings.

*a Chef’s Journey tip: For a different flavor, try any dip or dry soup packet, such as a Leek soup dry soup mix; just add until you’re happy with the flavor. I love Serendipity Artisan Blends dip mixes. You can find the products at http://artisandips.com/Home.html they have a wonderful selection.

------

The wonderful part about this dish is you can use any of the dry dip products that can be picked up at Farmers markets everywhere.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Pantry/Leftover Seafood Casserole cjs Just thought I'd sha...
Sounds really good, Jean! I love crab.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Pantry/Leftover Seafood Casserole Gourmet_Mom Sounds really good, ...
Does sound good, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title was, "Wouldn't that be called 'cat food'?"
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Pantry/Leftover Seafood Casserole labradors Does sound good, but...
Sounds good, looks delicious! Thanks, Jean!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Pantry/Leftover Seafood Casserole