Jame and I have had a favorite Camembert, a very ripe and flavorful one called Le Chatelain, it says it's made in Normandy. No one seems able to get it for us anymore. I have found it on Amazon but the shipping is crazy.
So.... what in your opinion would be like it. We've tried Telaggio (good but still rather mild).
Would really appreciate your suggestions for a strong, ripe flavorful, washed rind creamy cheese.
Thanx, it would mean a lot to us
Cis
Empress for Life

Cheese Help..Cheesemonger? Bill? farnfam Jame and I have had ...
I'm not Allison nor Bill, but I'll go out on a limb here and suggest since you like a more pungent cheese, a Leiderkranz cheese from Wisconsin. It's creamy like a camembert, but more 'stinky' but oh, so delicious.

http://www.seguinscheese.com/products/Le...heese.html

Anxious to hear what they have to suggest also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Cheese Help..Cheesemonger? Bill? cjs I'm not Allison nor ...
Looks good Jean, but the shipping is a killer
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Cheese Help..Cheesemonger? Bill? farnfam Looks good Jean, but...
You can usually find it in local stores, Cis.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Cheese Help..Cheesemonger? Bill? cjs You can usually find...
Cis, I could check the West Side Market for your favorite cheese and we could meet for "happy hour" when you are next passing through to go see your grandbabies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Cheese Help..Cheesemonger? Bill? Mare749 Cis, I could check t...
That would be great Maryann! They didn't have it last time we went thru, but they may get it again.
Jean, what kinds of local stores?
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Cheese Help..Cheesemonger? Bill? farnfam That would be great ...
I was thinking larger grocery or specialy grocers...none around you? (think road trip - )
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Cheese Help..Cheesemonger? Bill? cjs I was thinking large...
Nothing around here, Jean Maybe Wegman's Syracuse, I'll call them
Maryann, I see you said Westside Market, I was thinking North Market in Columbus. Maybe Westside Market would have one or the other, let me know if you find them, we can make a plan
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Cheese Help..Cheesemonger? Bill? farnfam Nothing around here,...
The Camembert that's available here is Rosenborg. I like it but have nothing else against which to compare it
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Cheese Help..Cheesemonger? Bill? labradors The Camembert that's...
Cis, my first thought was Wegman's. The one we go to (1 1/2 hrs away) has an incredible cheese selection, and will let you sample.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Cheese Help..Cheesemonger? Bill?