I am loving life and I can't remember when I've had more fun!

Saturday I started in the ProShop - it was a busy day, every golf cart was out and the weather was beautiful. About the time I was off in the ProShop we realized that the dinner cook wasn't coming in - that left Tonya and I. We were there til almost 8.

We're changing things up - shortening up the menu and adding more "bar food". Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we're offering "special menus". Saturday was Pizza meatloaf & mac & cheese and fried chicken (or fish n chips - can't remember). Last night we did a pizza night with different flavors (cheeseburger, veggie, BBQ chicken, meat lovers and black truffle with crimini mushrooms and 3 cheeses).

These "special menus" (including the white lasagna) have gone over big so we figure we're going to keep it up.

Yesterday we went down at about 8:30 and other than a quick trip to the store we were there until 7:30 last night. It wasn't a "busy day" in the front of the house, but we were having a ball in the kitchen.

We're still not sure if we'll be able to keep the restaurant open all winter - we've cut 2 days a week and cut out breakfast except for large groups.

We've got some more ideas for specials and we're keeping a notebook with dates, specials, and prices.

I should go down today for a little while and get some tomatoes roasting to freeze. More later.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Status Report Harborwitch I am loving life and...
Quote:

Way cool!

Quote:

We're still not sure if we'll be able to keep the restaurant open all winter

As the weather gets colder, start serving more soups and stews - steaming-hot comfort foods that will satisfy your customers and have them telling their friends what a wonderful place you have for escaping the cold.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Status Report labradors [blockquote]Quote:[h...
yup, what 'he' said - like cheeseburger soup, ham & beans, split pea...........

and great cornbread and focaccia for go with. and to top them, mix up some butter and honey - don't know why men like this combo so much!!

Sorry, got carried away with winter ideas - this is great that you're enjoying it all so much. I lived vicariously thru Denise while she went to culinary school, now it's your turn to have me live vicariously thru you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Status Report labradors [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

Way cool!

Quote:

We're still not sure if we'll be able to keep the restaurant open all winter

As the weather gets colder, start serving more soups and stews - steaming-hot comfort foods that will satisfy your customers and have them telling their friends what a wonderful place you have for escaping the cold.

[/blockquote]

You may use my "award winning" chili recipe!!!! It freezes well too!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Status Report Old Bay [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Ironic that people would want something chili when the weather gets cold.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Status Report labradors Ironic that people w...
Oh Labs.....LOL! This is great news, Sharon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Status Report Gourmet_Mom Oh Labs.....LOL! Th...
I am so happy for you guys Sharon! It all sounds so wonderful. Great news!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Status Report Old Bay [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Thank you all for your good wishes and your suggestions!

Bill is your chili recipe on here????

Labs & Jean you are so right - comfort food seems to rock. I think (thought just struck me, maybe tacos just aren't "winter" enough??? - our "Taco Tuesday" really dropped off)

We are going to winter here - we're one of two couples, plus the boss that will be wintering. I think we are going to get some construction crews in for the winter in the RV park so that will help.

I'm thinking Billy's Paprika Cream Chicken, Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs, and stuffed cabbage might be good for the winter - none of them are expensive to prepare and all of them are comfort ++++.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Status Report Harborwitch Thank you all for yo...
My chili is here--I'm not that good at finding things here--if you can't find it I will post again--good luck my friends!!
  Status Report Harborwitch I am loving life and...
What wonderful news, Sharon! After all you went through for a while, it sounds like this is a very refreshing change. Will you spend the winter? What about the other tenants, do they all stay or go to a warmer area? So glad to hear you are having so much fun living there.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Status Report