Okay, so who has this gadget? I have one that I acquired as a prize many years ago, but it was so flimsy and never worked all that well. So, it became the gag gift in the family that would get passed to a new family each Christmas.

Anyway, I would like to get a new one since I like the concept of it for pureeing soups, but want one that actually works.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Immersion blender Mare749 Okay, so who has thi...
My Braun boat motor has been serving me well for about 13 years now. Just used it the other day.

Re: Immersion blender Trixxee My Braun boat motor ...
I have one and love it!

Re: Immersion blender HomeCulinarian I have one and love ...
I have 2 warnings for you. Roy "thought" (there he went thinking for himself again... ) that when it was on my Christmas list years ago, a battery powered one sounded safer to him, so I didn't have to worry about a cord.

what a piece of crap!

Then, he thought again...and got a plastic one (don't ask me why) and it started melting in hot marinara sauce.

finally I bought my own - Cuisinart and I love it!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Immersion blender cjs I have 2 warnings fo...
I have the stainless Cuisinart with the attachments. I got it last year and LOVE it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Immersion blender Gourmet_Mom I have the stainless...
What Daphne said. I use the small food processer attachment more than my regular processer.

Re: Immersion blender losblanos1 What Daphne said. I ...
Yeah, I have one, a Cuisineart Smart Stick that extends about 3" more. It's white and plastic, but I've used it to smooth the veggies and broth I make with Pot Roast in a Crock Pot to make an amazing gravy and it didn't melt. It's a lot safer than ladling hot stuff into a blender!

If it ever breaks (doubt it, only use it a couple times a year), I'd get a stainless steel one to hold up to the heat. Got a restaurant supply place in the area? Check out their prices first.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Immersion blender losblanos1 What Daphne said. I ...
I have one, well i lied i have 2. It is probably the appliance i use the most. I found that the key in it is wattage. Do not get the 200W one they are useless. The one I have is 550W and it is AMAZING. Have had it for two years. I bought it on amazon. Here is the link to the one I have

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00281QTE0
I
  Re: Immersion blender HomeCulinarian I have one and love ...
Jeannette, which one do you have?

Okay, so far one vote for Braun and two for Cuisinart. That helps. Anybody else?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Immersion blender Mare749 Jeannette, which one...
I have the cuisinart brand one.
Immersion blender