I miss my mind. I miss all of my "stuff" that's still in North Dakota.

We were going through some boxes of stuff from the pantry and found bags and bags and bags of cinnamon red hot candies that Billy brought us on one of his visits. Now I know that there was something wonderful that we made with them - and he brought them to me because we couldn't find them. Does anyone remember what it was? Recipe?????

Then there was a thumbprint cookie that I'm sure I posted, but I can't find it for the life of me - it was unusual, but all my cookie recipes are in . . . North Dakota.

I would be eternally grateful for any hints, or help.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Memory loss without supporting documentation???? Harborwitch I miss my mind. I m...
Was it the applebutter recipe?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Memory loss without supporting documentation???? esgunn Was it the applebutt...
This is what I 8used them for, Sharon -

Apple Cider Jelly
This makes a beautiful gift to give friends during the holidays.

1 quart apple cider
2/3 cup red hots candy
1 package (1-3/4-ounces) powdered fruit pectin
5 cups sugar

Place apple cider, red hots, and pectin in a large kettle, and bring to a full rolling boil. Add sugar; return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat, skim off any foam. Pour into hot jars; leaving ΒΌ-inch headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.

Yield: About 6 half-pints.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Memory loss without supporting documentation???? cjs This is what I 8used...
I think that was it Jean.

Apple butter? Erin is there a recipe for that??? We have apples galore in the walk in.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Memory loss without supporting documentation???? Harborwitch I think that was it ...
I used to make the apple butter from Kerr canning book - for years. Love the stuff.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Memory loss without supporting documentation???? cjs I used to make the a...
Looks like you got it. Good luck, Sharon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Memory loss without supporting documentation????