You have got to get to this winery next time you're on the West coast - preferably we'll meet you there!! Tobin James - our absolute favorite California winery.

Our dinner today was just fantastic - Butternut squash Penne al Burro, beef filet, and can you believe this...frozen Tuscan-Style veggie (Safeway brand, cooked in the microwave for 3 minutes and tossed with pesto - darn dish was tasty!! ) and all served with two wines.

[Image: BSqPennealBurrosteakTobinJamesCabFranc.jpg]

Tobin James 2008 Cab Franc and our favorite local winermaker's 2009 Cab Franc.

We were both amazed - Tobin James was the best with the steak and the piece of coconut fudge ( ) we had for dessert.

But, Sara's was better with the Squash and Penne dish and the pesto veggies. I'm so anxious to tell Sara.

But, the Tobin James is so deliciously smooth - you'd both (and all of you) would love it!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Hey Bill & Jane 1 cjs You have got to get ...
You're killin' me here! That looks so good!

Chad got a box of ornaments at an auction - they're in a Michael David 7 Deadly Zins box. That's another great CA winery!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Hey Bill & Jane 1 Harborwitch You're killin' me he...
Thanks for the tip, Jean. I think I may have seen this one!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Hey Bill & Jane 1 cjs You have got to get ...
You told us about the Tobin James before. I'm going to try and find it locally. Was your local wine the Comraderie? I bought some of their wines after we were out there. Very good. We're going to go West again in the next 12-18 mos.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Hey Bill & Jane 1 Old Bay You told us about th...
"We're going to go West again in the next 12-18 mos." - WHAT PART OF WEST??????????

No, it's a Harbinger wine. We haven't been to or drank Camaraderie for almost a year - wierd things going on at that winery.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Hey Bill & Jane 1 cjs "We're going to go W...
Yeah I'd like to know what part too, cause in about 11 months we're moving to Oregon but may be down in S. Calif to visit family. Details!!

Re: Hey Bill & Jane 1 DFen911 Yeah I'd like to kno...
West Coast Reunion in the works!!!! And, Denise may be the central point...
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Hey Bill & Jane 1 cjs West Coast Reunion i...
Gah of all years too...not sure when we'll sell the house but I will figure out something!! My god it'd be too worth it not to
Hey Bill & Jane 1