This is the first time in YEARS that I don't have at least 5 or 6 cookbooks I want for Christmas. What a bummer - what am I going to read Christmas morning??????

Does anyone have a list of books that they're wanting??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Christmas Cookbooks?? cjs This is the first ti...
I haven't actually looked online or in a bookstore yet, but will be doing that shortly. In the meantime, have you read any/all of the books that Tony Bourdain recommended in his new show? Here is the list as a reminder. Lorraine mentioned that the Belly of Paris was particularly good. I read Heat and it was good.

El Bulli (all of them)

On Food & Cooking by Harold McGee

The Whole Beast by Fergus Henderson

When You Lunch with the Emperor by Ludwig Bemelmans

La Bonne Table by Ludwig Bemelmans

Heat by Bill Buford

The Belly of Paris by Emile Zola
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Christmas Cookbooks?? cjs This is the first ti...
I hae none either, Just opened a bunch of magazines that came in October.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Christmas Cookbooks?? Lorraine I hae none either, ...
That's funny, Lorraine - so am I and I don't even have your excuse!!

thanks Maryann, I'll look at those, but usually I am panting for weeks (months) over some....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Christmas Cookbooks?? cjs That's funny, Lorrai...
I really don't have much of anything on my list.

But, I did see this cookbook on a list Pioneer Woman had for Cookbooks. I immediately thought of some of you when I saw Girl Hunter . Because of the hunters in your family, and your liking of game meats. (I am not a game meat fan).

I also did a search on Amazon of the Top cookbooks of 2011 And was intrigued with CIA's The Professional Chef And " Corked and Forked : Four Seasons of Eats and Drinks" by Keith Wallace (Aug 23, 2011)
And then there is Food52 and a new blog/web site I might need to keep my eyes on.

Hmmm...Guess I do have a few I am interested in.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Christmas Cookbooks?? esgunn I really don't have ...
I went to a book sale on campus and picked up More Best Recipes Cookbook at a good discount. I'm to the point of needing a new bookshelf or purging some books. Most likely I will just move some of the ones I don't use very often to the back room if I'm not really ready to part with them.

Re: Christmas Cookbooks?? HomeCulinarian I went to a book sal...
I am so far behind reading cookbooks (and cooking) it is pitiful. I have a few on my wish list though at this rate it will be 2030 before I get to them. (Spent the last few weeks weeding closets and file cabinets, had ten 13 gallon garbage bags for the shredding truck, and 25 bags for Salvation Army + some boxes and furniture picked up today, and not completely finished yet). Anyway here are some of mine, some new, some have been out for a while:

ESSENTIAL PEPIN: MORE THAN 700 ALL-TIME FAVORITES FROM MY LIFE IN FOOD BY JACQUES PEPIN

RUHLMAN’S TWENTY: 20 TECHNIQUES, 100 R[i]ECIPES, A COOK’S MANIFESTO BY MICHAEL RUHLMAN

MOMOFUKU MILK BAR BY CHRISTINA TOSI Her blueberry cream cookies (I sub apricots) have been voted by everyone who received them last year as the best cookie ever.

The Essential New York Times Cookbook: Classic Recipes for a New Century edited by Amanda Hesser

The Food Substitutions Bible: More Than 6,500 Substitutions for Ingredients, Equipment And Techniques, by David Joachim (new edition)

SERIOUS EATS: A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO MAKING & EATING DELICIOUS FOOD WHEREVER YOU ARE, by Ed Levine and the Serious Eats team,

Re: Christmas Cookbooks?? Cubangirl I am so far behind r...
I also would like to have the 20 techniques book! I have the NYT Cookbook and like it, but haven't really spent a lot of time with it yet.
Christmas Cookbooks??