Just curious: if any of you have been watching Top Chef, have you also followed Last-Chance Kitchen?

Last-Chance Kitchen is something they've been doing on the Bravo website for Top Chef. After the end of the regular show (and shown only on the website), the chef) just eliminated finds a letter from Tom Colicchio saying he or she is getting a second chance and to meet him in the kitchen. In the kitchen, the chef discovers Tom AND one of the other eliminated chefs. At that point, Tom issues the two a challenge and the winner becomes the "king of the hill," as it were, of the eliminated chefs and will be the one to face NEXT week's eliminated chef. Tom is the only judge, but ALL of the eliminated chefs taste the dishes of the two and offer opinions.

Ultimately, whoever is the last chef standing in Last-Chance Kitchen WILL REJOIN THE TOP CHEF COMPETITION IN THE FINALE!

In many ways, I think this is an interesting idea, but I also think it has its share of problems (e.g. blind-siding the other chefs who make it to the finale the normal way).

What do you think?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Top Chef and Last-Chance Kitchen labradors Just curious: if any...
I've heard this talked about at the end of the shows, but I have never watch anything on my computer except maybe a quick link that someone has posted. hmmmm.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Top Chef and Last-Chance Kitchen cjs I've heard this talk...
It's not like a full show - just a few minutes, so it works pretty well on the computer (even down here).

Re: Top Chef and Last-Chance Kitchen labradors It's not like a full...
Oh thanks a lot, labs - now, you've created a monster. that was fun to see. I have to go back and watch them all now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Top Chef and Last-Chance Kitchen cjs Oh thanks a lot, lab...
Just finished watching them all - how fun that was. Thanks Labs for mentioning it.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Top Chef and Last-Chance Kitchen cjs Just finished watchi...
You're welcome. Although some people may still have questions about how (or how WELL) this concept will work out, I agree that it was REALLY fun to watch and I enjoyed it.

It looks as though there probably won't be a new one, tonight, since all the TV episodes listed in the TV Guide for tonight are repeats.

Even so, remember that this is, otherwise, done every week and you can go right to it after the new episode airs.
Top Chef and Last-Chance Kitchen