So, is it leftovers for most of you???? What's on the menu for you? (please if you make a great leftover makeover, let me know - I'm working on a sequel )

We're having pizza - must know if I remember how to make a good one.... sausage, mushroom and onion, I think.

Maryann, the first 18-hour bread pizza dough didn't work out, but I think today's will be better.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

What's for Dinner, Monday 12/26?? cjs So, is it leftovers ...
Yes, leftovers here. French dip sandwiches. I'm hoping we can slice the leftover tenderloin really thin.

What I should be eating and drinking is a grapefruit and water. Overdid everything yesterday.
  What's for Dinner, Monday 12/26?? cjs So, is it leftovers ...
Oh Jean, please tell me that wasn't the pizza that you threw out yesterday morning??? Now I feel so bad for ever suggesting it before trying it myself!

Holly just dropped off some leftover ham for us since they have to go visit Bob's family in Toledo for a few days. The ham is so good that we'll probably just pick, and pick, and pick....so, I'm going to make a big chopped salad to have with it and MIL's fruit salad for dessert.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 12/26?? Mare749 Oh Jean, please tell...
In about 20 min I'll have 9 of my girlfriends coming for leftovers. Since I don't have any, (except desserts) I'll make some coconut chicken with plum (really bits of jellies with ginger, allspice and balsamic) sauce, mini mushroom quiches with various bits of grated cheese, maybe I have some shrimp cocktail left over, and some ugly tomatoes with pesto and fresh mozz. I guess I better get moving.

Just realized I never served the Peas last night! No one has mentioned it. In Picky's family Peas are sacred. MUST ALWAYS SERVE PEAS.

They seemed to have survived the night.

Well, Maryann and Jean, point me towards this pizza recipe...now I'm truly curious....

PJ
PJ

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 12/26?? pjcooks In about 20 min I'll...
We're getting ready to go do a dinner for 10 in a private home. the host's husbasnd loves venison, she she got 2 tenderloins and a shoulder from a client. One of the courses is his twist on a "Fatty". The braided bacon, the a layer of ground venison shoulder and pork, then the tenderloins. I had lots of cherries in Cab Franc, so he made a stock with the shoulder bones and trimmings, reduced it down, used the juice from the cherries, and now I forget what else. Anyway, I'm hoping there's enough for us to have a piece. If not, it will be leftover ham/turkey sandwiches on hotdog buns when we get home(it's the only bread I have in the house). And a piece of Sweet Potato Pie.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 12/26?? Lorraine We're getting ready ...
The good news, there's no leftovers, everything was devoured last night. The bad news, there's no leftovers, so tonights dinner will be filet mignon with port sauce on a potato galette and asparagus as a side.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 12/26?? Lorraine We're getting ready ...
No, Maryann - I was so screwed up yesterday, nothing had a chance of turning out correctly.

PJ, Maryann and I decided we'd play with the 18-hour bread for pizza dough. I'm still going to play some more when things are calm.

although, Maryann, I had about half the 18-hour bread dough in a sealed container in the frig for an additional 24 hours and made a small loaf out of it using your "Cuban stye" - putting the dough in a cast iron skillet in a cold oven, turning it to 400° and baking for 30 minutes. Roy says it's the best I've ever made. Go figure......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 12/26?? cjs No, Maryann - I was ...
Pork chops with l/o stuffing for me, little red potatos for him.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 12/26?? cjs No, Maryann - I was ...
Hmmm, now that's interesting, Jean. I'll have to play with that one of these days myself. I think it could have the potential to be really tasty, but then I am thinking that it would probably be a thin and very crunchy crust, so hopefully it wouldn't turn out hard as a brick either.

I should probably explain to anyone who is not following this, that I have been in search of the perfect thin and crispy crust.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 12/26?? Mare749 Hmmm, now that's int...
Maryann I did Jean's bread flour pizza dough and just rolled it very very very thin, I did use truffle oil, and truffle salt. It was shatteringly crisp! We did it down at the restaurant with mushrooms and cheese. The customers (2 of them) that had it just LOVED it! Tonya and I loved it tool.

Tonight is mac & cheese and hamburger steaks, I think another salad with that amazing dressing, or whatever veggies are hanging out in the freezer. Comfort food tonight.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
What's for Dinner, Monday 12/26??