Took the white chocolate banana cream pies over to my friend's place on Saturday and everyone loved them. I also made the garlic mashed potatoes and the gravy to go with the turkey he roasted. He had also planned to roast a fresh ham (i.e. leg of pork), but it wasn't thawed out enough, so we saved that for Sunday.

On Christmas day, we cooked three Barbary (Muscovy) ducks that had been raised by one of the locals and a missionary (who works teaches and provides food in a nearby village) brought two girls over to learn how to make stuffing. Once that was done and the ducks and stuffing were in the oven, they all returned to the village to wait. When it was all done, we took the ducks (and extra pans of stuffing) out of the oven and put in the thawed pork leg for that night. We loaded the ducks and stuffing into the truck and took them to a small church in that village where we met up with that missionary, who had cooked some mashed potatoes and some macaroni and cheese. In our own, Christmas (though certainly not miraculous) version of the "loaves and fishes," we portioned that out so that it managed to feed (though with very small portions) six adults and 69 orphans - 75 people!

What a great Christmas day!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Back from Christmas labradors Took the white choco...
Quote:

Took the white chocolate banana cream pies over to my friend's place on Saturday and everyone loved them. I also made the garlic mashed potatoes and the gravy to go with the turkey he roasted. He had also planned to roast a fresh ham (i.e. leg of pork), but it wasn't thawed out enough, so we saved that for Sunday.

On Christmas day, we cooked three Barbary (Muscovy) ducks that had been raised by one of the locals and a missionary (who works teaches and provides food in a nearby village) brought two girls over to learn how to make stuffing. Once that was done and the ducks and stuffing were in the oven, they all returned to the village to wait. When it was all done, we took the ducks (and extra pans of stuffing) out of the oven and put in the thawed pork leg for that night. We loaded the ducks and stuffing into the truck and took them to a small church in that village where we met up with that missionary, who had cooked some mashed potatoes and some macaroni and cheese. In our own, Christmas (though certainly not miraculous) version of the "loaves and fishes," we portioned that out so that it managed to feed (though with very small portions) six adults and 69 orphans - 75 people!

What a great Christmas day!

What a wonderful story Labs!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Back from Christmas Harborwitch [blockquote]Quote:[h...
That's fantastic, Labs! What a beautiful way to spend Christmas!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Back from Christmas Mare749 That's fantastic, La...
Beautiful story, Labs! Merry Christmas!

Re: Back from Christmas HomeCulinarian Beautiful story, Lab...
That's what Christmas is all about. Kudos to you Labs.

Re: Back from Christmas losblanos1 That's what Christma...
Wow, great Christmas story, Labs - good on ya'all!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Back from Christmas cjs Wow, great Christmas...
What a lovely day, Labs!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Back from Christmas labradors Took the white choco...
Beautiful example of "table fellowship".
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Back from Christmas