what's on the menu for everyone today??

We're having the other half of the ribs I did day before yesterday - unadulterated...no sauce this time. But I think I'll smother them in the onions and some of the jus they were roasted in/with. And some rice??

Got to work in Mexican, I'm anxious to make Cis' Serrano Verde.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/30?? cjs what's on the menu f...
Work day for us. I bought a huge tray of chicken thighs for 69 cents/lb, so will probably roast them at work. Sides will be carrots and asparagus.

pssst....I think it's Friday today.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Saturday, What's for Dinner, 3/30?? Lorraine Work day for us. I ...
Just noticed that....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 3/30?? cjs Just noticed that......
We're going with the family to a fish fry at the church/school that the girl's attend. It's also our son-in-law's birthday, so we'll go to their house for cake and game night. (WII bowling )
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 3/30?? Mare749 We're going with the...
Jean, I've got two Pablano peppers, can you post that Stuffed Pablano recipe of yours to remind me what all it calls for. I remember it was good!!
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 3/30?? farnfam Jean, I've got two P...
I'm aimless tonight. Nothing is coming to mind. I'm going to go for a long walk (5 miles) and see if something comes to me.

Re: T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 3/30?? Trixxee I'm aimless tonight....
Cis, the one with the walnut cream sauce that Billy and so many of us loved??? that one? boy, did we love this!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

PORK-STUFFED POBLANOS

8 large poblano chile peppers
1 pound ground pork
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 small apple, chopped
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup diced almonds, toasted
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Walnut Cream Sauce
Garnish: cinnamon sticks

Broil chile peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet 5 inches from heat about 5 minutes on each side or until peppers look blistered.
Place chile peppers in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers. Gently split chile peppers open lengthwise, keeping stems intact; remove and discard seeds. Set aside.

Cook pork in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Add chopped onion and next 4 ingredients; cook, stirring often, 7 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in tomato and next 4 ingredients. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt

Stir together tomato sauce and next 3 ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat 5 minutes.

Spoon about 1/2 cup pork mixture into each pepper, and place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour tomato sauce mixture over peppers.
Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Top with Walnut Cream Sauce. Garnish, if desired, and serve over Cinnamon Rice Pilaf.
Yield: Makes 8 servings

Walnut Cream Sauce

1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

Process all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.

Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Serving Ideas : ----------
Muscato is the perfect wine for this dish.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 3/30?? cjs Cis, the one with th...
We saw Lidia Bastanich on PBS and she did some stuffed baby eggplants. We didn't write down the recipe. Jane bought four--trying to recreate it--we think she used the pulp of the eggplant, some Italian sausage, sauteed onion, chopped tomatoes, (all sauteed together), parmesan cheese and we would top with breadcrumbs, and fresh mozzerella. Anybody else see the show, or do you have any thoughts?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 3/30?? Old Bay We saw Lidia Bastani...
Didn't see the show, but I bet a few capers tossed in the filling would be good. Anxious to hear how they turn out.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 3/30?? cjs Didn't see the show,...
Yes, Jean, that's the one!!
Cis
Empress for Life
T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/30??