Sharon and I have been discussing the new Plate magazine - she's already done the Smoked Shrimp cocktail - and I think it is the best issue EVER!! All about Smoking and Grilling. Great ideas!!

Has anyone else read or seen it yet??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

The New Plate Magazine cjs Sharon and I have be...
I agree Jean, this has to be the BEST ever! I'm anxious to try some of the "cocktail" ideas - when we can buy booze again. There are just so many great recipes in this one.

[Image: IMG_7217.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7215.jpg]

Re: The New Plate Magazine Harborwitch I agree Jean, this h...
Is the shrimp actually smoked in the smoker, or just seasoned?

Never heard of the magazine, but will look for it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: The New Plate Magazine Mare749 Is the shrimp actual...
Maryann the shrimp is coated in a brown sugar based rub and then smoked. The dipping sauce is a combination of cocktail (chili) sauce, BBQ sauce, and horseradish, salt & pepper. I added a packet of True Lemon, since we thought it was just a touch too sweet.

You can go to www.plateonline.com and subscribe - it's a free subscription. I've never seen it in the store.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: The New Plate Magazine Harborwitch Maryann the shrimp i...
Those sound really good. My subscription got dropped. I'll have to check into this.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: The New Plate Magazine Gourmet_Mom Those sound really g...
Daphne they call me every once in a while to see if I still want my subscription. It's not a number I recognize so I almost didn't answer.

For anyone who didn't get this issue I think you can register at Plateonline and get the recipes there.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
The New Plate Magazine