Well, Food Network Star is over, but I'll avoid naming the winner until a few others have confirmed seeing the results.

I can say that I was not surprised and that I think that the new show COULD be a good improvement of Food Network's line-up and I hope that it is. I am certainly looking forward to it eagerly.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Food Network Star labradors Well, [i]Food Networ...
I think Aarti Party was the first Food Network Star, right? Is she still on?

Re: Foor Network Star Trixxee I think Aarti Party ...
Upon further research she was actually the 6th star. I guess I wasn't following the show prior to her. I still haven't figured out if she's still on.

Re: Foor Network Star Trixxee Upon further researc...
The first were two guys called the Hearty Boys. I didn't watch that season and have never seen their show. The second and the first I watched was Guy Fieri, Guy's Big Bite was his show, but he's better known for Diners Drive-ins and Dives as well as other specials. I watch that show occassionally after he did a show on my favorite Cuban restaurant in Bradenton, Fl. Both he and his restaurants are still going strong. The 3rd winner Amy Finley, I liked her show, The Gourmet Next Door, but she moved to France after the season ended. The 4th Aaron McCargo, Jr. has a show called Big Daddy's House airs Friday at 9:30. Interestingly enough, two other chefs from that competition also have their own shows. Adam Gertler has a show called Will Work For Food, and Kelsey Nixon (my favorite that season) has a show called Kelsey's essentials on the Cooking Channel. The fifth, Melissa D'Arabian $10 dollar dinners airs Sunday at 10:00 am and she just published a book. The fifth, Aarti was the 6th and her show airs at 10:00 am Monday, the 7th was Jeff Mauro, the Sandwich King airs Sundays at 11:00 am.

I watched Amy's show and have watched some of Melissa's, and like it, though I've not made any recipes from either show. I am really looking forward to watching this season's winner. It was the only show of all the finalists that I think I'd like.

Re: Foor Network Star Cubangirl The first were two g...
I think that this years winner could run rings around Jeff and Aarti. This will be the first time I've been so eager for a new Food Network show to get started.

Re: Foor Network Star labradors I think that this ye...
I figured for sure watching the pilot who the winner would be. And I was right. The other two final/finalists were pretty good though too.

I may just try that aspic recipe if it is online. I was really intrigued by it. Just before the final show, they had a chopped alstar, and it was previous years winners. Arti, Amy, Melisa, and Jeff were the contestants. Jeff was first off, Amy second and Arti won. Arti and Melisa did a very good job. It was fun to watch. Although, there were many errors in all the cooking. Funny how sometimes the winner is just the one who messed up less. Noted that all their cooking could far exceed MY cooking!!! Especially under the conditions.

Another show I am really enjoying this season is Master Chef. Really curious to see how this will play out. Although I am not sure why they brought one of the contestants back...Seems like it negates the spirit of the show.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Foor Network Star esgunn I figured for sure w...
I was not surprised either. And I definitely want to try the aspic also! Neat idea!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Foor Network Star Gourmet_Mom I was not surprised ...
The Caesar salad with the aspic is HERE.
The won-ton nachos are HERE.
Seven other recipes from the winner are also available.

Re: Foor Network Star labradors The Caesar salad wit...
Thanks, Labs! Imported into Pepperplate. Can't wait to try it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Food Network Star