Promise I won't do this often, but this salad turned out so well yesterday, that I'm thinking some of you might try it for a summer treat. It's for my Small Plates book.

[Image: SpicyGrilledShrimpSalad.jpg]

[Image: SpicyGrilledShrimpSalad2.jpg]

Spicy Grilled Shrimp Salad

Preparing the Shrimp to grill:
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons Caribbean Rub (see recipe page __) or Cajun or Creole seasoning
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 (or 2) tablespoons honey
1 (or 2 ) tablespoons soy sauce
12 large shrimp (approximately 1 lb.), shelled (leaving the shell on the tail) and deveined
Lemon wedges for garnish

Combine the garlic, rub or seasoning, lemon juice, honey and soy sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
One hour before grilling shrimp, place shrimp in a heavy plastic bag or small bowl and pour the marinade over. Refrigerate until ready to grill.

Preparing the salad and dressing:
1/2 cup prepared basil pesto (see recipe page ___)
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
------
In a large bowl combine:
Romaine or red lettuce leaves, enough for 4 salads,
3 green onions, sliced
4 to 6 radishes, sliced
Thin slices of English cucumber
Cherry or Grape tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 cup goat cheese for salad garnish

Whisk together the pesto, rice vinegar and black pepper and set aside.
Toss the lettuce, onions, radishes, cucumber and tomatoes together in a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Prepare your grill to medium-high heat. Thread the shrimp on skewers leaving space between each for easier grilling and brush or spray with olive oi. Grill the shrimp 2 minutes each side until lightly charred and cooked through, but don’t overcook.

While shrimp are cooking, toss the salad with dressing and divide between 4 salad plates or bowls; top with crumbled goat cheese. Remove the shrimp from the skewers and top each salad with 3 shrimp and a slice of lemon. Serve immediately.
----------

I hope if anyone tries the salad you'll let me know how you like it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Spicy Grilled Shrimp Salad cjs Promise I won't do t...
I don't know if I'll be able to get the shrimp any time soon, but the salad is definitely on the menu next week! Thanks, Jean! You saved me from asking for this after seeing your post in the basil thread.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Spicy Grilled Shrimp Salad Gourmet_Mom I don't know if I'll...
I'm going to make just the salad (sans the shrimp) again soon also, Daphne. I also think I'll try some white fish using the marinade, grilling and adding to the salad - I'll bet even salmon would be good...... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Spicy Grilled Shrimp Salad cjs I'm going to make ju...
You tease! Still no hope of salmon. Maybe after payday I'll spring for some frozen...best I can hope for.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Spicy Grilled Shrimp Salad