For those that don't have FB here is my moving experience thus far

OMFG!! We just finished the last bits. Had just laid down to get to bed early when we hear a horrible crash. The full floor to ceiling wall mirror that was glued to the wall came crashing down. I now have glass shards all over the entire room and in all the furniture she's buying. Thank heavens for my sister Shannon Leeton Rankin and for coming over to help! I should be grateful it didn't fall the next day on the two young boys who are moving in with their mom tomorrow.

Well it just keeps getting better....2 hours into our trip...transmission blows up on the uhaul truck. Found a visitors center very close, so now waiting for a mechanic and tow truck. Hopefully they will be here in about 2 hours to tow us to god knows where. I am so over all this bad luck

Update on our move DFen911 For those that don't...
Oh Denise....speechless.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Update on our move cjs Oh Denise....speechl...
Quote:

Oh Denise....speechless.

I have to agree! UHaul is usually pretty good about taking care of their customers.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Update on our move DFen911 For those that don't...
Oh geez Denise! I hope U-Haul takes care of you! And I hope you got all the mirror glass up. I walk around in bare feet all the time can't stand stepping on a "surprise", whether it's from my cats or something else.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Update on our move BarbaraS Oh geez Denise! I h...
Denise, I am so sorry. As Jean said, speechless.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Update on our move Gourmet_Mom Denise, I am so sorr...
Oh, what a shame your move has gotten off to such a bad start. Take care of yourselves and hopefully you will be back on the road soon.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Update on our move Mare749 Oh, what a shame you...
Hope you are back on the road now and on the way to your new home.

Re: Update on our move Cubangirl Hope you are back on...
Maybe all the BAD is behind you----look at it this way, it can only get BETTER!!!! GOOD LUCK for the remainder of your journey! Stay positive.....
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Update on our move Roxanne 21 Maybe all the BAD is...
Talk about Murphy's Law! Here's hoping the rest of your trip is less evnetful!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Update on our move Lorraine Talk about Murphy's ...
Denise I hope you guys are home or almost home! I tried to wait to have my gimlet with you - but if I drink slowly . . .! Here's to joining us all in the great Northwest!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Update on our move