Hey Y'all,

Happy Labor Day!

It's raining out so we're not going to be smoking the rack of ribs. I'm going to cook them low and slow for a couple hours, then burn some sauce on them on the grill.

I just put the rub on them and will let them sit for a few hours. How far in advance do you put the rub on your meat or chicken?

Barbarra
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

How Far In Advance Do You "Rub" Your Meat? BarbaraS Hey Y'all,[br][br]Ha...
This is exactly how we always do our ribs - slow in the oven then throw on the grill.

Tony usually rubs them right before he's going to cook them but one or two times he did it the night before. They always taste the same and good to me, no matter which way he's done it. (We had them yesterday and have leftovers for lunch).

Re: How Far In Advance Do You "Rub" Your Meat? Trixxee This is exactly how ...
I normlly rub the night before and I do as you both do - slow braise in the a.m. then throw on the grill.

It has been so long since we've had ribs, I'm like a kid waiting for the ice cream store to open!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: How Far In Advance Do You "Rub" Your Meat? cjs I normlly rub the ni...
If I remember I do them the night before, but if it's the day of I try and get the rub on about 4 hours before cooking.

Re: How Far In Advance Do You "Rub" Your Meat? DFen911 If I remember I do t...
I'm with Denise, we try to do it the day before, but it doesn't always happen.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
How Far In Advance Do You "Rub" Your Meat?