The Leftover 'queen' is at it again...

A lot of us probably do something like this already, but I find if I don't write it down, I go in a complete different direction with the next leftovers - even when I have so enjoyed a l/o dish.

It is so hard to grill a small enough quantity of veggies (for me anyway!), so today I tossed them into a salad for later. With these flavors, the salad should be served room temperature for maximum flavor.

Grilled Vegetable Salad w/Balsamic Mustard Vinaigrette

[Image: GrilledVegeSaladwVinaigretteOct1.jpg]

Leftover grilled vegetables: potatoes, bell peppers, onions, squash, celery, just about anything
Vinaigrette:
2 T. red vinegar or balsamic
2 tsps. Dijon mustard or mustard powder
2 tsps. extra-virgin olive oil

Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together and toss with the cold leftover grilled vegetables which have been cut into bite-size pieces. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature for maximum flavor.

Note: (1) Makes approx. 1/4 cup; enough for approx. 2 cups veggies - 1/4 cup = 135 cal.
(2) I like to use white balsamic vinegar for looks, but either works

--------

Can we get some more ideas for our leftovers being turned into another dish - I'm not thinking complex dishes, just something to make leftovers shine!!

P.S. Wow, just noticed I'm at 21,999 posts for heaven's sake.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad cjs The Leftover 'queen'...
Some of us are just BLABBERMOUTHS!!!! You are a GREAT one though---keep it up, Jean----you make this forum the great place that it is!!! THANK YOU
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad Roxanne 21 Some of us are just ...
We have fun, don't we??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad cjs We have fun, don't w...
YUPPP!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad Roxanne 21 YUPPP!! [img]/ubbt...
I think so!

The only thing I got right now is the idea that hit me the other day. William doesn't like fajitas that well, so I decided to use leftover London Broil in a Taco Salad. I'm going to grind it, finish cooking, add some of your spice blend, and use leftover salad. Not a lot left to shop for. I usually have tomatoes and onions hanging around for pico de gallo....even if I have to use canned for salsa. Always have cheese, sour cream and tortillas. Only thing I need is avocado. Cheap meal!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad Gourmet_Mom I think so![br][br]T...
Leftover roasted veggies make a delicious pureed soup. Add some chicken broth and a pinch of curry powder. Top with croutons made from leftover bread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad Mare749 Leftover roasted veg...
Well, now two ideas I'm going to have to play with. I never thought of pureeing the veggies, Maryann. And, anything Mexican, Daphne, you know me.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad cjs Well, now two ideas ...
It's good with cheese sprinkled on top, too. Of course, bacon is even better.

Almost forgot, I have used l/o roasted veggies in a quiche. Only use a cup or so, and cut into smaller pieces.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad Mare749 It's good with chees...
Oh yes - quiche or frittatas - l/o veggies are great for.
www.achefsjourney.com
Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad