I reworked the Potato Pesto Pizza - it went from 533 cal. on Wednesday, to 364 cal. today and the flavors are still there. In fact, using less of the pesto made the potatoes really pop!
[Image: PotatoPestoPizzaOct5.jpg]

[Image: PotatoPestoPizza2Oct5.jpg]

Potato Pesto Pizza
a Chef’s Journey Recipe, Oct. 5, 2012

This is a wonderful brunch pizza for those of us trying to eat healthier, but for those not interested in being careful, feel free to add a few chunks of cooked sausage, a few shrimp or even some smoked clams or oysters! This pizza will serve two pizza lovers or three not so crazy about pizza.

1 small Yukon gold or red potato weight about 4 oz.
8 to 10 oz. pizza dough
1 oz. (1 1/2-2 tablespoons) prepared pesto sauce
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
2 oz. (1/2 cup) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/3 cup red onion, sliced thin
1 oz. (1/4 cup) crumbled feta cheese
1/2 oz. (2 tablespoons) grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary

To prepare ahead of time: roast the potato in a 375°F. oven until cooked, but still slightly firm. Let cool completely, then slice thin and set aside. Shred the Jack and Parmesan cheese and thinly slice the onion and mince rosemary. Set all aside or refrigerate until ready to make your pizza.

Preheat your oven to 475°F. for 1 hour with your pizza stone or cooking surface on the lowest rack in the oven to heat.

When you have your pizza dough rolled out, spread pesto sauce over and top with the potato slices; season well with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Top with Jack cheese, onion slices and crumbled feta. Sprinkle with Parmesan and rosemary.

Slide the pizza on the baking surface and bake for 9 to 12 minutes until crust is crisp and the top is browned. To concentrate the heat, have the rack above the pizza as close to the pizza as possible (but still be able to slide the pizza in or out) and place a large baking sheet on the rack. This will help brown the crust and top. 364 calories per 1/2 pizza.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Potato Pesto Pizza - Under 400 Cal. cjs I reworked the Potat...
Looks yummy, as usual! BTW, love your pizza book. Finally had the time to make up several crust doughs and put them in the freezer. When we start getting crazy again, I'll bring them to work for mini pizzas for lunch-with all the unusual stuff we have there, I'll be in pizza heaven! (And never mind our 10 burner grill, can't wait to try it out!)

PJ
PJ

Re: Potato Pesto Pizza - Under 400 Cal. pjcooks Looks yummy, as usua...
Sounds great, Jean! That will be my next secondary pizza. William has to look forward to his usual meat pizza, but lately he goes back for seconds on my specials.....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Potato Pesto Pizza - Under 400 Cal. cjs I reworked the Potat...
Jean that looks so good! That looks like a perfect breakfast.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Potato Pesto Pizza - Under 400 Cal. Harborwitch Jean that looks so g...
Okay---I missed the pizza book, Jean-----DUHHH must have been when I was MIA-----is it still available? How may I purchase? What a SCHMUCK I am---

AND I'm even more embarrassed posting a pizza dough----GEESH!!! I think I will go to bed----
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Potato Pesto Pizza - Under 400 Cal. Roxanne 21 Okay---I missed the ...
Of course, it is still available and it is very easy to order one. I'll email you the info, Roxanne. Thanks for the interest.

What a SCHMUCK you would have been had you not posted the pizza dough recipe. We are all always learning!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Potato Pesto Pizza - Under 400 Cal. cjs Of course, it is sti...
Jean, that's fantastic that you got the calorie count down on that one! You are really getting good at doing that, too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Potato Pesto Pizza - Under 400 Cal. Mare749 Jean, that's fantast...
Thank you - it's such a challenge, it's fun!
www.achefsjourney.com
Potato Pesto Pizza - Under 400 Cal.