Because I have the floor finishers here, I decided to clean my ovens.....way overdue!!!

My ovens are Miele self-cleaning BUT I spent about four hours!!!! I do keep up with the cleaning but is there a really easy method to accomplish the task??? I scraped until my fingers are sensitive----oh my!!!

The toughest task was the pizza stone and glass from the "spits" of the oil/cheese/pasta sauce---

I guess I am just getting to be a bit too compulsive---DUHHH.

Sure would be nice if you have any easier method for cleaning the SELF-CLEANING!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Cleaning a SELF_CLEANING OVEN!!!! Roxanne 21 Because I have the f...
Is this one of those that supposedly continually cleans? I had one and I, too, had to clean it periodically. Didn't like it at all. Seems like there was something I sprayed on it and let it sit for a couple/four (?) hours and it made it easier. Amonia something comes to mind. I just can't remember. But, I agree they are a pain.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Cleaning a SELF_CLEANING OVEN!!!! cjs Is this one of those...
There is a difference between self-cleaning and continuous cleaning ovens. Remember NEVER spray a continuous cleaning oven with ANYTHING.

I had a brief stint selling appliances a loooong time ago.

That being said, my previous oven was self-cleaning. I hit the button, the doors locked and it incinerated everything in the oven. I merely wiped it out after 4-6 hours of high heat cleaning. (I did always remove the chrome racks because I know it will bake the chrome right off of them. I cleaned those separately. Garbage bag and amonia method)
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Cleaning a SELF_CLEANING OVEN!!!! luvnit There is a differenc...
Garbage bag and ammonia method?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Cleaning a SELF_CLEANING OVEN!!!! Gourmet_Mom Garbage bag and ammo...
Yeah, just get a nice big leaf bag, double bag it if you can. Put both racks in the bag, dump about a cup or two of amonia in the bag. Seal the bag tightly and let sit overnight. Next day, spray with garden hose. Most everything will come off that way. Use a green scratchy to get any little black bits off the chrome, if you care to be that particular. Done.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Cleaning a SELF_CLEANING OVEN!!!! luvnit Yeah, just get a nic...
I am so happy to read this! I would've just left the racks in the oven. Thanks Laura!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Cleaning a SELF_CLEANING OVEN!!!! BarbaraS I am so happy to rea...
Thanks, Laura!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Cleaning a SELF_CLEANING OVEN!!!! Gourmet_Mom Thanks, Laura!...
Yes, there is a difference and when I got rid of that (continuous)self-cleaning oven, I switched to the other self-cleaning and /loveloved each of them to death!! I allways remove the racks - if you don't when you lose the chrome, they don't slide nicely anymore!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cleaning a SELF_CLEANING OVEN!!!! luvnit There is a differenc...
Quote:

(I did always remove the chrome racks because I know it will bake the chrome right off of them. I cleaned those separately. Garbage bag and amonia method)

I do a slightly different thing- I wrap the racks in newspaper, outside, then soak it all in ammonia. The sun does it's thing and they're perfect.

PJ
PJ

Re: Cleaning a SELF_CLEANING OVEN!!!! pjcooks [blockquote]Quote:[h...
My oven is "continuous cleaning." When I got it, that was the first I had ever heard of it, but it has worked very well for me. It's made by Mabe, which is the Mexican branch of GE.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Cleaning a SELF_CLEANING OVEN!!!!