I am sure many of you use these and now I am in need of one. So I figured what a better way to shop than to get you thoughts on the brand you might have

Food Mill DFen911 I am sure many of yo...
We have a Cuisipro--it comes with two grate sizes and serves us well.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Food Mill Old Bay We have a Cuisipro--...
Have no idea of the brand of mine. Got it when a local store had it on a close-out price of a little less than $5. It's only an 8" version of the following picture (which is listed as a 13" "Mouli" brand online) and is a plastic bowl, but it works well, has three discs and was hard to pass up at that price.

[Image: 5503y.jpg]
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Food Mill labradors Have no idea of the ...
I have one - it's all metal, but have no idea where it is...................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Food Mill cjs I have one - it's al...
I often use the food mill----exceptional utility for pureeing and making a really smooth hummus or potato recipe. Okay----I have the one that Labs has so very kindly posted---perfect for my needs!

Any kind of bean soup (like pea) that you want to get rid of the skins---love my pea soup
What do you need a food mill for, Denise?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Food Mill Roxanne 21 I often use the food...
Thanks guys! I'm thinking of getting some sugar pumpkins that are sale here and making my own pumpkin purée. I could use my food processor but don't want to liquify it. Plus I'm sure I'll use much more once I have one

Re: Food Mill DFen911 Thanks guys! I'm thi...
Thanks, Roxanne! I use mine for mashed potatoes and for tomato soup, but had never thought of using it for hummus (have always used a food processor). Need to try it with the food mill.

Re: Food Mill labradors Thanks, Roxanne! I ...
OHHHH You gonna love it----so very smooth! The skins are emulsified and gone---nothing compares to a smooth delicate hummus---YUMMM! Guess I have to make this when Peter comes home---with some pita.....I may not wait
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Food Mill Roxanne 21 OHHHH You gonna l...
I've usually removed the skins before processing, anyway, but I'd still like to try the food mill.
  Food Mill DFen911 I am sure many of yo...
I think I have two. One was a gift from a friend, the other I got at a yard sale or flea markety. I think one of them is still in ND in storage.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Food Mill