HI,

Went to Costco yesterday and saw pre-brined raw turkeys there. Did anybody try this before? They looked good but on the expensive side, like $3.39 per pound. I would not mind spending the money but would like to know if they are any good.

Thank you

Pre-Brined Turkey piano226 HI,[br][br]Went to C...
Never bought one, but have brined turkeys before. Haven't done it for a while, tho. I liked doing it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Pre-Brined Turkey piano226 HI,[br][br]Went to C...
From what I understand and what I have read (please someone correct me if I am wrong), is that most turkeys are already injected with an 8% salt solution, which essentially means it is already brined.

A learned about this a few years ago after I brined a turkey, cooked it and it tasted like ham! I was so disappointed. I guess I double brined it???

When I read up on it I found out that you should only brine fresh, non-injected (saline) birds.

If I am mistaken, please someone, enlighten me!!!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Pre-Brined Turkey luvnit From what I understa...
My coworker said her DIL bought it last year and she loved it. Unfortunately that coworker is not a reliable foodie source. She now recommended two restaurants to me and they both were awful. Hmm...what to do what to do

Re: Pre-Brined Turkey piano226 My coworker said her...
Oooh, that's pretty pricey.

Re: Pre-Brined Turkey Trixxee Oooh, that's pretty ...
Quote:

Oooh, that's pretty pricey.

Yes, I agree that is pretty pricey, er VERY pricey for turkey. I would rather spend the money on a fresh bird with NO injections and brine it myself. JMHO...
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Pre-Brined Turkey luvnit [blockquote]Quote:[h...
You do have to be careful not to buy an already brined one as Laura mentioned.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Pre-Brined Turkey