What's on the menu for everyone?

Travel day for us, we're on our way to Morro Bay and hopefully better weather. This storm is really something up here.

We had a ball yesterday - visited Classice Wine Vinegar Co. ( www.classicwinevinegar.com ), Sciabica's California Olilve OIl ( www.sunshineinabottle.com ), and Hillmar Cheese Co. - really commercial, no tastings - just sell, sell, sell.

But, found a great restaurant in Oakdale, Papapolloni's Bistro where we had a great lunch with a bottle of Rancho Zabaco 2011 Zin.

Dinner was - salumis, Hillmar cheese, olive oil and balsamic and 18 hour bread, I'm so glad I had baked in the morning.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

T.G.I.F. - Wha'ts for Dinner, 11/30/12??? cjs What's on the menu f...
I'm not really sure at this point. Michael is home sick today - 102 fever - yikes. Something is definitely going around as we even got an automated phone message from the principal imploring everyone to wash their hands often and stay home if not feeling well.

Possibilities running through my mind right now are pizzadillas (a cross between a quesadilla and a pizza that I saw on Closet Cooking's FB page) though that would probably be more like a lunch, or this orecchiette recipe from Michael Lomonaco.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...eam-100836

Re: T.G.I.F. - Wha'ts for Dinner, 11/30/12??? Trixxee I'm not really sure ...
I did a turkey club sandwich---with those leftovers!!

Apple pie for dessert

Oh Trixxee---I hope Michael feels better soon---try CHICKEN SOUP!!!! with or without noodles!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: T.G.I.F. - Wha'ts for Dinner, 11/30/12??? Roxanne 21 I did a turkey club ...
Happy Thanksgiving, Roxanne!

Trixxee, hope Michael feels better soon, and also that you don't end up sick too. I agree with Roxanne. Chicken soup seems to cure just about everything.

Dinner tonight is going to be a chicken caesar salad. I've been eating out way too much this week and am feeling it. So, I'm staying home tonight to work on a craft project and catch up on recorded shows.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: T.G.I.F. - Wha'ts for Dinner, 11/30/12??? Mare749 Happy Thanksgiving, ...
Thanks guys! Glad it's Friday so he's got the weekend to feel better and yes, I sure hope I don't get it!

I will be making him some chicken noodle soup - without the chicken - but with extra noodles. LOL.

Re: T.G.I.F. - Wha'ts for Dinner, 11/30/12??? Trixxee Thanks guys! Glad i...
Hi,

I made this for dinner last night...we are having leftovers but it was soooo delicious.

Do not skip on those homemade noodles, they made this dish.

http://thewateringmouth.com/hungarian-po...les-with-video/

Re: T.G.I.F. - Wha'ts for Dinner, 11/30/12??? piano226 Hi,[br][br]I made th...
Marina, that looks and sounds so good!!!

Trixxee, what is a "pizzadillas (a cross between a quesadilla and a pizza that I saw on Closet Cooking's FB page) - a pizza made on a tortilla???

I love doing that and it makes a great light dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. - Wha'ts for Dinner, 11/30/12??? cjs Marina, that looks a...
Have some left over bread from what I made last night so making panzanella. But I am going to add prosciutto

Re: T.G.I.F. - Wha'ts for Dinner, 11/30/12??? DFen911 Have some left over ...
A recipe from the past--Chicken breasts with lemon/brandy, pasta, and spinach with garlic and olive oil, sauteed.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: T.G.I.F. - Wha'ts for Dinner, 11/30/12??? Old Bay A recipe from the pa...
Leftover chili was dinner tonight. I have a busy weekend so finished entering grades tonight. I'm ready for progress reports next week! I feel good! Now to tackle the tree for the church tomorrow and play bells for the Festival of Trees Sunday evening.

OIY! The busy holiday season has begun! One upside.....TRADER JOE'S opened in the city today!!!!!! A trip to the city is on the calendar in the next few days!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
T.G.I.F. - Wha'ts for Dinner, 11/30/12???